Will these wheels fit?

Nope. Without modifying the arches, your tyres will hit them hard and do damage.

I ran 8J ET43 with 15mm spacers on the rear for one week on standard suspension and it was a nightmare. Your proposed setup will stick out 5mm more than that.

What about 8x18" ET35?

They'll look a little wide at the front, will look good on the rear, but you'd want to keep an eye on lips at the rear of the arches and bend them back slightly if they showed signs of rubbing.

Edited by wega3k

Yeah they are replicas. Couldnt afford a real set. :rofl:

Will weigh them on saturday when i pick them up and let you know. I picked 1 up in the showroom and they were quite light.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have found 225/40 8x18 ET42 for a good price and I wonder if these wheels will fit. I own a standart unmodified 2005 Octavia II 1.9TDI.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

I have found 225/40 8x18 ET42 for a good price and I wonder if these wheels will fit. I own a standart unmodified 2005 Octavia II 1.9TDI.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, they will fit and look good. You run some risk of rubbing at the rear if you decide to lower it a lot later, but it's easily fixed. :thumbup:

Edited by wega3k

Yes, they will fit and look good. You run some risk of rubbing at the rear if you decide to lower it a lot later, but it's easily fixed. :thumbup:

Perfect. I am not thinking of lowering the car. Thank you very much for your help. I will post photos once I have it done, in about a week or so.

Original Audi RS4 in 8.5 x 19 ET48 will fit without modifications (so will other Audi wheels do in this size) Tyres in 225/35 x 19 without any problems, 235/35 x 19 depending on the tyre form might give slight problems.

Otherwise you could look for replicas in 8 x 19 ET45 or 8 x 18 ET45