Skoda Fabia Front Speakers and Adapters

Bought that set a month ago. Quick delivery, seems alright (not fitted them yet though). Includes adapters and loads of different screws and brackets to mount. Note that the ad mentions "2x crossovers" - this is simply an in-line filter on the tweeter cables, so isn't truly a crossover. There is no filtering of the signal to the main speakers (on the short adapter cables I mean).

The inline capacitor is rated at 3.3uF, which at 4ohm I think gives you about 12kHz filtering.

Edited by wiredsoftware
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi gewstarr how did you manage to mount the rings?? i know about taking out the rivets ect ect but how did you get the rings to sit ie did you use a tiny self tapping screw and go in to the four holes in the ring and bolt it down or did you use a long screw and bolt through the top???

Gosh, this set of rings has [truth be told] just been lying. Something just didn't feel right about the mounting and I'm afraid that I end up drilling out the OEM ones still not being able to fit the new ones. Don't want to end up stuck in between! :-) I'll give you an update when I dare proceed, perhaps this summer.

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk

Lol I know what you mean! I have done mine now it's not that difficult, what you need to do is drill out the rivets so you can remove the oem speaker, unclip the speaker then prise it off gently. You will be left with four rivets Still in the holes, cut these down with a multi tool so they where flush and just tapped them out with a rubber mallet. Once that's done I mounted mine with foam around the edge of the adapter so that side sat against the bare metal, I then got some M6 x 20 bolts with nuts and bolted the adapter on with some M5 washers and lock tight. I will be honest in my opinion they sound ****e everything distorts in the door now so I am saving up for some sound deadening it really is a must as it can bang them up because both the doors rattle, need to do sub area too as that's doing the same lol

Thanks for your quick (in contrary to mine, earlier) response @Lee1979, and also for your detailed step-by-step walkthrough, and perhaps most of all for your honesty about the adaptor rings and real 6.5" speakers perhaps not always improving sound ten times from OEM. I must say though, I'm still tempted to give it a go, just for kicks! :-D

Skickat från min GT-I9506 via Tapatalk