elephant car insurance....help?

does anyone on here have any experience of dealing with elephant.co.uk?

i am thinking of changing over to them from my current insurers and wondered if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them? they are far and away the cheapest quote i have had and was wondering if it was a case of too good to be true.

how do they rate compared to other insurers etc?

any feedback would be much appreciated or ideas for other companies for me (fabia vrs, 25, 'safe' postcode, three years NCB).

many thanks.

does anyone on here have any experience of dealing with elephant.co.uk?

i am thinking of changing over to them from my current insurers and wondered if anyone has had any good/bad experiences with them? they are far and away the cheapest quote i have had and was wondering if it was a case of too good to be true.

how do they rate compared to other insurers etc?

any feedback would be much appreciated or ideas for other companies for me (fabia vrs' date=' 25, 'safe' postcode, three years NCB).

many thanks.[/quote']

I've been insured with them for the last year and was involved in an accident in August which wasn't my fault.

Elephant sorted out everything really quicky and I have no complaints at all.

I was insured with them for 3 years. Never made a claim, but they were quick to provide certificates etc compared with some other companies. After a couple of years with them they stopped being the cheapest so I moved on due to a lower quote.

Nothing much to add I'm afraid. Our other car is insured with them and we've never had any problems but have never had to claim so can't comment much more.

What is quite good though about the website is that you can add modifications on-line to see how it affects your premium. For info I was paying about

I was insured with them for one year, made a claim. Was without the car for 3 months. They wouldnt chase. Also they didnt arrange for extended hire (FOC but thats not the point) and i had to arrange it. They also said to repair the car and changed their mind and said write it off however couldnt because the repair had started. They also sent me double of everything and asked for me to fill in a claims form about 5 times. The only informtion i ever received was to say that they had claimed everything back, and that was it. Was not a nice experience at all....

I was insured with them for one year, made a claim. Was without the car for 3 months. They wouldnt chase. Also they didnt arrange for extended hire (FOC but thats not the point) and i had to arrange it. They also said to repair the car and changed their mind and said write it off however couldnt because the repair had started. They also sent me double of everything and asked for me to fill in a claims form about 5 times. The only informtion i ever received was to say that they had claimed everything back, and that was it. Was not a nice experience at all....

Had the accident at 3 in the afternoon on the Monday.

Filled the online insurance claim form once.

By 6pm I knew the insurance assessor was looking at the car at 9 on the Tuesday morning.

By lunch time on the Tuesday they called me to inform me the other driver had admitted liability and that my car was in the body shop awaiting the parts and do I want a courtesy car. Later on that afternoon the solicitor they had appointed to look after me had called and taken other details they required.

Three weeks after th eaccident my car was sat back on th edrive fully repaired.

Like I say I've never had such good service from an insurer before.

thanks for the feedback everyone, overall it seems elephant are ok. i guess at the end of the day, all insurance companies are pretty similar - its the luck of the draw how well your individual claim/experience goes.

looks like its elephant for me then!

Was insured with them for 2 years or so - had to leave when I got the Octy remapped. They told me they didn't cover mods :confused: Just another example of insurance double-speak, apparently. B*stards, the lot of em :grumpy: . A necessary evil, but evil they are, IMO.

anyone know the pros/cons of the 10 month policy?

Well the cons are that a 10 month policy while cheaper than the 12 month one is less good value (ie you pay more for each months insurance). I had 3 of these as I insured with Elephant after loosing my NCB. All the companies that I got quotes from when looking to change back in March recognised my Elephant NCB as if it had come from 3 full year policies.

All the companies that I got quotes from when looking to change back in March recognised my Elephant NCB as if it had come from 3 full year policies.

thats the only thing that worried me that other companies wouldn't honour a 10 month policy as having 1 years NCD.

I've had my insurance with them for 9 months or so, with no problems, but I've never made a claim. I went over to them as they include insurance for travelling abroad, without extra charges or paperwork. The worst bit is the cheery elephant on the envelope ( a bit embarrassing if you have to "produce") and getting emails from the "Chief Elephant"!

Phil