aero wiper fitting

just got my new wipers delivered today as the standard ones are poor, has anyone else had any problems changing them over? ive never really been hands on but certainally didnt think it would be as hard as its prooving to be!

cheers

i have literally just put some on about two minutes ago,went on pretty easy to be honest

well pleased.£8 for both!!

Where did you get yours from for £8? I'm just about to order some, so that is a great price!

i got mine from ebay for £7 for both................. ive managed to disconnect the standard wiper but then cant seem to get it off of the arm? so not really got around to putting aeros on!

I've got the Bosch ones (£20 ish) and were easy to fit, and look the dogs whatsits. :thumbup: However the drivers one seems to miss the top inch of the wiper. I have also read that you can't get spare blades for them, (not sure about it as I've seen YouTube vids with re-fills).

What make have you got?

Edited by Jim H

Removing the old ones should be easy, assuming they're not aeros?

Pull the arm up so its away from the windows, pivot the wiper so its flat (at a right angle to the arm) then just push down and it'll come off (based off memory). The end of the arm is just a curved hook.

The aeros push back on in a similar way, but if i remember correctly there should be a clip that you push down after they're fitted. Should be a 30 second job :thumbup:

I paid £8 off ebay too, and got sent the wrong size. The seller was really good about it and sent another. The originals were a pain to take off but the new ones went on quite easily.

Does this help? I'm not sure which make they are.

vd25b5.jpg

As for size, they should be 21" (drivers) and 19" (passenger) long.

Edited by Jim H

I got mine from BMW (as I work there) which were designed for the E46, about £20 but really really good.

I remember a few years ago when aero-wipers came out, Brisky members used ones from a Renault Scenic. However they were a different size to OEM wipers. They had a very long drivers side (24") and short passenger one (16"). Aero Blades, will these fit my fabia and here with pics Front Aero Wipers....again!!

Those early threads tempted me to buy some aero wipers for my car, but I waited for ones of the correct size.

Edited by Jim H

id say that picture provided should sort you out, there the same as my wipers, love em. much better than the standard c*** and as mentioned before, look awesome

Elliott

I just bought the bosch set for £20 replacing the rubbish wiperblades.co.uk own brand ones which kept coming off especially the passenger side one, DONT buy the ones in tesco, they are for LHD cars! as i discovered when my parents bought some, they fit but the aerodynamics are back to front, luckily u can disassemble them and reverse them but its a right PITA