TT Arch Mod Cost!

do you take the arch liner out before chopping it, or can you chop it whilst its in place?

Best to take it off to do the job, depending of what level you go to. I would mark it up before you take it off so you know exactley where you will be cutting..

do you take the arch liner out before chopping it, or can you chop it whilst its in place?

You might as well, not exactly alot of space to manouver and it gives you chance to clean out the wheel arch at the same time, you shuld have seen the amount of mud that was built up! Also a big factor is... even though it is quite easy to peirce with a screw drive, you dont want to go through and hit the SMIC.

I did this on my cupra R last year it does make a noticeable difference i think. I got mine from a scrapped audi TT payed 15 quid for both liners. cut them out and glued and riveted thm into my liners took no time at all.

A worthy mod i think :thumbup:

just got off the phone to West London Audi and going on part 8n0821172b and they said the part was £37 i not sure if that inc vat i think so.

But still i though most peeps had paid aroung £18 for theirs?!

I paid £18.12 inclusive of VAT at a main Audi dealer for that part - but that was back in April 2005.

to DBP:

The airflow is ok now, but what do you think about the orientation of the grille?

Will the water and mud flow down as it would with the Audi grille? I'm afraid that at this angle it will spill inside and build up there.