alarm system

freewheeler

hi guys,just how good is the alarm system on the yeti??thinking about putting a auto lock on when it turns up[the one that goes over the gear stick]will this be an easy job??my mate thinks i wont need one as its a skoda!!!.hes off my xmas card list.

mike.

My alarm went off recently. I had't closed the boot properly (locked but not shut all the way) and as we live on a busy road I think the vibration from a late night bus set it off.

I can report it's not the loudest, or shrill, but got me out of bed pretty quick.

I wouldn't bother with the lock, the immobiliser will stop anyone actually driving off without the key - won't it?? Worried now.

so mac,what is the best .....today.

mike

Standard alarm and immobiliser.

All current Skodas are virtually impossible to steal by being driven away unless the keys are stolen too. I cannot see any point in adding any form of mechanical immobiliser such as that described. You are more likely to damage the trim when fitting/removing the autolock.

Just like Trevorminor says, security is so advanced now you NEED the keys to drive a modern vehicle away.

On the subject of keys.........DON'T leave your keys visible inside the front door as thieves can steal your keys using a hook on the end of a bamboo pole.

ALWAYS keep them safe, and not in an obvious place if someone were to break in.

Lets not have a sad and upsetting thread relating to a stolen SM.

Oh and while your filling her up at petrol stations KEEP HOLD OF YOUR KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and while your filling her up at petrol stations KEEP HOLD OF YOUR KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and if you don't have any passengers on board, lock your car while you're paying for your fuel.

I would also recommned driving with your car locked or set the driveaway locking feature if you have maxi-dot.

John

The factory equipped alarm has some unique features.

It locks the differential to prevent the towing of the vehicle.

It has very neatly integrated internal monitors (ultrasonic).

The siren is better (louder) than the one I have in my factory equipped EOS MY07 (I have heard mobile phone ringtones louder and more annoying than the siren on this car!!!). However, please note that the loudness can be adjusted and may differ in various markets.

My father managed to make it go off! I suppose that he unlocked using the key, then failed to ignite the engine in the preset time frame.

The siren is better (louder) than the one I have in my factory equipped EOS MY07 (I have heard mobile phone ringtones louder and more annoying than the siren on this car!!!).

There is strict EU legislation in place about how loud an alarm siren can be and for how long it is allowed to wail. The mouse squeek coming out of my A2 alarm won't deter anyone and it certainly won't wake me up in the house. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

Just a note about all this - when I picked up the Yeti I was told by the salesman that you can activate your alarm / doors etc by using your mobile. If you lock your keys in the car and have a spare set at home, blip the spare set over the phone and if the mobile is near the car this will activate the locked car. Never tried this, has anyone else had a go? Could be useful.

I left my car yesterday, in centre of London for over an hour with the drivers window wide open, doors locked, Sorry if you were annoyed by the alarm. Nothing gone form car, very stupid though.

Just a note about all this - when I picked up the Yeti I was told by the salesman that you can activate your alarm / doors etc by using your mobile. If you lock your keys in the car and have a spare set at home, blip the spare set over the phone and if the mobile is near the car this will activate the locked car. Never tried this, has anyone else had a go? Could be useful.

I left my car yesterday, in centre of London for over an hour with the drivers window wide open, doors locked, Sorry if you were annoyed by the alarm. Nothing gone form car, very stupid though.

To use a mobile phone to unlock your car works on my Honda (waiting delivery of my monster)

Putting it bluntly...

UTTER RUBBISH.

Modern alarms all work by the transmission of a radio frequency between the fob and car. This cannot be replicated via a mobile phone.

The immobilser will deter any theft. Also when u lock the car by pressing the keyfob once it locks all the interior handles too so that a door cannot be opened from inside. Pressing the fob twice deactivates the locking of the interior handles.

• 1 month later...

The immobilser will deter any theft. Also when u lock the car by pressing the keyfob once it locks all the interior handles too so that a door cannot be opened from inside. Pressing the fob twice deactivates the locking of the interior handles.

Does that mean that SM has dead lock and cant be unlocked from inside? My Mazda mx5 has this and it's really good for car's safety! I'm loving SM more!

Does that mean that SM has dead lock and cant be unlocked from inside? My Mazda mx5 has this and it's really good for car's safety! I'm loving SM more!

Yep it has deadlocking.

Welcome to the forum and as you've probably noticed not many of us here from Ireland.

Yep it has deadlocking.

Welcome to the forum and as you've probably noticed not many of us here from Ireland.

I agree! I'm looking for posts/ updates about the status of Yetis in Ireland. I guess that's because of the backlog?

I agree! I'm looking for posts/ updates about the status of Yetis in Ireland. I guess that's because of the backlog?

I doubt it, Skoda dealers here have exceeded their Yeti sales targets for 2010 but as we only have two engine options Skoda Ireland prebook builds so there are no real delays. Just under 800 Snow Monsters are on the road here, mainly in Dublin so rare enough.

Sunroofs are off the menu and according to a source in VW Ireland will not be offered here again for some time.

I've only encountered one Yeti on the road and that was a UK registered one

I doubt it, Skoda dealers here have exceeded their Yeti sales targets for 2010 but as we only have two engine options Skoda Ireland prebook builds so there are no real delays. Just under 800 Snow Monsters are on the road here, mainly in Dublin so rare enough.

Sunroofs are off the menu and according to a source in VW Ireland will not be offered here again for some time.

I've only encountered one Yeti on the road and that was a UK registered one

Was in a Skoda dealer last week and he said that he can probably put me on a waiting list for a sun roofed ones but no guarantee. Otherwise... they might offer the sat nav instead of the sun roof... which I dont need at all. :(

Was in a Skoda dealer last week and he said that he can probably put me on a waiting list for a sun roofed ones but no guarantee. Otherwise... they might offer the sat nav instead of the sun roof... which I dont need at all. :(

A south city dealer?

Shop around, I'd try Ballybrittas Motors near Portlaoise and Shaws of Longford as they offered me the best deal, much better than any of the Dublin franchises.

A south city dealer?

Shop around, I'd try Ballybrittas Motors near Portlaoise and Shaws of Longford as they offered me the best deal, much better than any of the Dublin franchises.

Just went to Swords... Anneslley Williams as they are a dealer of Mazda and I'm going to trade in my Mazda as well. Haven't looked around for other Skoda dealers yet. You're lucky to have your sm already... I'm ordering btw for the 2011. So I'm hoping that they can give me that dream car with dream specs!