Remaps in the North East

Sid Sidgwick

Hi fellas,

Looking for somewhere in the Region (County Durham/Teesside) for a decent priced remap, as fancy a change from standard. Any ideas?

Thanks

Sid

Edited by Sid Sidgwick

See my reply in this thread: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/151145-fabia-vrs-remap-recommendations/

Jabba map...see Micheal Boak at MB Mortorsport in Hebburn, near Newcastle. The address is on the Jabba's websitre. I know him as he runs a few very quick rallycross cars.

The alternative is Superchips at either Teesside Motor Factors in Middlesbrough (next to the train station) or Motorscope in Northallerton. I think there is a place in Darlington (a VW shop) that does Revo maps (see Revo's website). There is also RS tuning in Leeds and if you fancy a trek, Awesome GTI near Manchester.

I know that Motorscope has a Rolling Road as I've used it, but I don't know about the rest. Awesome and RS has.

I few people I know say there is a place in Stokesley called Automart who does his own custom mapping. I have read and heard no complaints about him. I'm not sure how much he charges.

I am very tempted to go to Tockworth near Wetherby for a map by Chipped-UK/Viezu as they also sell a box that can make the map switchable (stock or performance). Shark Performance (Site sponsor on here) do a simular thing (STS box).

So as you can see there are plenty of places who do it. You have many choices.

Edited by Jim H

• 1 month later...

See my reply in this thread: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/151145-fabia-vrs-remap-recommendations/

I few people I know say there is a place in Stokesley called Automart who does his own custom mapping. I have read and heard no complaints about him. I'm not sure how much he charges.

I am very tempted to go to Tockworth near Wetherby for a map by Chipped-UK/Viezu as they also sell a box that can make the map switchable (stock or performance). Shark Performance (Site sponsor on here) do a simular thing (STS box).

So as you can see there are plenty of places who do it. You have many choices.

The place is Stokesley is very good, He is called Mark (Automark) 01642 714200

He is very thorough and does all his own custom maps.

He charges around £300 for his services.

Edited by vrsjefo70

just seen where you are from , there is a revo agent in darlo , that offers a 5hr free trial of the remap before you buy, remap

yes ive also heard very good things about automark in stokesley, in fact someone at dereck slacks recommended him.automark

Edited by furn

just seen where you are from , there is a revo agent in darlo , that offers a 5hr free trial of the remap before you buy, remap

yes ive also heard very good things about automark in stokesley, in fact someone at dereck slacks recommended him.automark

There is also RS tuniing in Leeds that are supposed to be good

• 3 weeks later...

also how much do these sts boxes cost?

Must have missed this when you posted it.. the STS boxes are currently being offered for FREE as part of the August Group Buy - click the link in my signature for details :)

PD Tuning are a Joke!!

i've been trying for 3 weeks trying to get a trial remap done but they always have some excuse or dont return my calls. disgraceful customer service. any other places that offer the free trial?

Hi Guys

We can offer the APR trail remaps on the petrol engines if you wish to have a nip over to the North West :D

As for the diesels we cannot offer trails but we are offering some cracking prices!!

To give you an idea - 1.9TDI - £200 for a generic remap!! £299 for a custom remap with RR session :D

Mike