Skoda Estate Spoiler on FL VRS

I am about to get my new FL VRS estate and was going to get the offical Skoda rear spoiler for it. I have seen a few pics of one on a non FL Mk2 and thinks it looks really good. Had an email from my dealer today and they have been told it will not fit the FL car. Is this true? If not has anyone got a pic of one fitted to a FL car? I would have thought the boot was the same for the FL or non-FL so it should fit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they dont fit! we had one fitted for a customer and the bodyshop had a right job to make it fit. Best thing to do is give Jonathan Gadsby in parts dept a ring at Rainworth Skoda on 01623 623400 and he will be able to tell you the issue that we had.As far as i am aware the brochure says it fits but skoda withdrew it from there online catalogue, or something like that but Jono knows the issue.

Thats strange, there are several people on here who have fitted them to the pre-facelift and as far as I am aware, the dimensions on the FL are identical.

I know that the pre face lift model can have the spoiler fitted cos we have fitted them but there is a difference on the face lift not sure wether its the spoiler or the tailgate but i am 100% sure we had a big problem getting 1 fitted and i know skoda withdrew the accessory from there catalogue

Thanks for all the replies. Sherlocks- cheers for the information, I will pass this on to my dealer to see what he can find out. I will let you know how I get on and if it can be made to fit I will post pics too.

Edited by PSM

I was in the same situation. The spoiler does fit, however aligning it can be a bit of a nightmare, the problem is that when the tailgate is fully opened the top edge of the spoiler just touches the rear edge of the roof causing 2 small marks to the edge of the spoiler.

I will post some pictures at the weekend when I am back home from travelling.

Cheers

I was in the same situation. The spoiler does fit, however aligning it can be a bit of a nightmare, the problem is that when the tailgate is fully opened the top edge of the spoiler just touches the rear edge of the roof causing 2 small marks to the edge of the spoiler.

I will post some pictures at the weekend when I am back home from travelling.

Cheers

So does that mean that both pre and post face lift cars suffer from this issue?

Edited by Moley RUFC

This seems very confusing, I have the same spoiler fitted to my pre-FL, vRS and looking at the pic's, if you ignore the colour, Neptunes, fat wing mirrors, FL vRS badge, shark fin/whip aerial, silver roof bars and of course the '10' prefix, the back looks identical to mine. But I have no clearance issues when opening the boot, playing devil’s advocate I would suggest that maybe the dealer hasn't fitted it correctly or could the boot be mis-aligned?

I have attached a couple of pic’s of mine , the area circled is the closest point to the roof when open, but it is still 5mm away………….. :thumbup:

post-41023-12768531424762_thumb.jpg

post-41023-12768531511834_thumb.jpg

I'll take a pic later. Perhaps the dealer didn't fit it correctly as Pagey1255 suggests, but what could they do now? It's bonded on, unless they can give the boot a bigger gap, which could result in wind noise etc...

As I said, not too worried.

I'll take a pic later. Perhaps the dealer didn't fit it correctly as Pagey1255 suggests, but what could they do now? It's bonded on, unless they can give the boot a bigger gap, which could result in wind noise etc...

As I said, not too worried.

I hear what your saying mate, when I picked mine up from the body shop I wasn't happy with the alignment when looking from behind, they took it straight in the paint booth and as the bond hadn't fully cured were able to adjust it, but once that stuff is cured proper you've got no chance. :|

Another opition I considered was to have it fitted with the boot off and get it completely blended to make it look like part of the car and at the same time de-badge the boot completely getting the badge recess filled and smoothed over. B)

If you compare the pic's of mine and yours there does seem to be a slight difference in the gap at the top, maybe it can be adjusted fractionally without breaking the weather seal?!

Lee. :thumbup:

Edit: Bit off topic but are the window tints from factory, as they look perfect!

Edited by Pagey1255

here's the pics:

4712195593_9992ecf5ef.jpg

4712196401_5c357ba50c.jpg

PS: Lee, tints aren't factory. Decided to not go with the factory ones as they are never dark enough, almost to the point that they have no function. I had a pro do it when the car was delivered at the dealer, and cheaper than the factory ones too. This was there is privacy to the point to have to go up close to get a look inside, and the kids in the back don't complain about the sun :thumbup:

here's the pics:

4712195593_9992ecf5ef.jpg

4712196401_5c357ba50c.jpg

PS: Lee, tints aren't factory. Decided to not go with the factory ones as they are never dark enough, almost to the point that they have no function. I had a pro do it when the car was delivered at the dealer, and cheaper than the factory ones too. This was there is privacy to the point to have to go up close to get a look inside, and the kids in the back don't complain about the sun :thumbup:

Thanks for that, where did you get them done and how much did you pay? if you don't mind me asking.

Lee.

Thanks for that, where did you get them done and how much did you pay? if you don't mind me asking.

Lee.

As i live in Edinburgh I went for a local company called Tinthaus, which cost me 150. Professional job, as I have gotten my last 3 cars tinted by them.

Edited by paulolourenco76
  • Like 1

As i live in Edinburgh I went for a local company called Tinthaus, which cost me 150. Professional job, as I have gotten my last 3 cars tinted by them.

Edinburgh! bit far for me as I live 10 minutes from the Channel Tunnel!

I posted my last reply from work where the IT system has just been upgraded to XP and we are still on internet explorer 5 so I didn't see the pic's, if you compare the gap between the boot and roof on mine is much bigger (use the distance from the back of the spoiler as pictured).

post-41023-12769755766946_thumb.jpg post-41023-12769755635459_thumb.jpg

The mark you mention isn't that bad tbh, I'm sure you could use a touch up stick and hide it completely. :thumbup:

Edited by Pagey1255

I got mine from the dealer last week so just waiting to get it painted now.

I was going to fit it myself. looks easy enough with some bonding glue.

thanks for pointing out the mark, i must hold to boot open first before i glue it on

• 7 months later...

The Skoda ones have been discontinued now :( I asked skoda about them when I was getting my car last september and they said they were trying to get the dimensions from the factory to design a new one for the FL.

left hand.... right hand... :wonder: