Good price for tdi octavia?

Hello.

I'm trying to choose between a 55 plate octavia 2.0 tdi 65000 miles for 6895

or a 1.9 tdi octavia 07 plate with 42000 for 7k. Both hav 12 months skoda warranty. Will the 1.9 tdi remap make me grin like the 2.0 tdi already does?

That is a little unfair Skippy, sure the 2.0 can have some comon problems but there are a lot of owners (myself included) that have had no problems at all. I have infact bought another 2.0 after 5years pain free ownership.

Best not to get into the 'best engine' debate :giggle:

i have no experience of the 2.0 tdi but my remapped 1.9 tdi has brilliant fuel economy, and goes like the proverbial cat with it's arse on fire.

Hello.

I'm trying to choose between a 55 plate octavia 2.0 tdi 65000 miles for 6895

or a 1.9 tdi octavia 07 plate with 42000 for 7k. Both hav 12 months skoda warranty. Will the 1.9 tdi remap make me grin like the 2.0 tdi already does?

I'd definitely go for the newer 07 plate 1.9TDI given the age and mileage differences of the cars.

You won't find the 1.9TDI lacking in any respect (compared to the 2.0), and even less so after a remap.

The 1.9 TDI has exactly the same dual mass fly wheel issues as the 2.0 TDI, which is why dealers now sell a single mass conversion for the 1.9.

I think the 1.9 is a solid engine, but it is a lot less refined, is missing that 6th gear and does get smoky more quickly due to the 8valve head.

When exactly did they start putting a DMF in the 1.9? Now wondering if mine has one (54 plate)

Mike

All octy II with a 1.9 and all PD130 in the MKI octy and all PD100/PD130 in the Fabia. Also some TDI110/TDI90 got them too.

I'd say the 54plate 1.9 TDI is most likely to have one, unless if got an SMF conversion at some point before you owned it.

I bought a 54 plate 2.0TDI with 62K on it this time last year hoping it would give many miles of trouble free motoring !

Its now onto almost 90K, but has spent a good 6 weeks of the year in the garage. I've heard lots of problems with the 2.0 lump and that was

the cause of mine spending four solid weeks in the garage (no fault codes stored = needle in haystack diagnosis).

Engine problems: Tandem pump and a crankshaft sensor. The latter the cause of 4 breakdowns in 6 weeks.

Any other faults that I've had could have happened on any engine.....

Thankfully my warranty footed all of the bills which probably mount upto a good £2.5k now. :-O

One thing to bear in mind if you opt for the 1.9 + remap....... Check that the Skoda warranty doesn't fly out the window when you do so.

We have 2 cars with the 2.0 TDi engine (both DSG as well)

54 plate VW Golf now on 88k miles, ECU replaced under warranty at 41k no other problems until Inlet Manifold Flap motor failed last week (£150 on eBay for a new one) :thumbup:

05 plate Octy II now on 63k miles, engine/turbo/intercooler/cat and exhaust all replaced under warranty at 11k as it went bang :doh: but since then nothing else although I'm finally having to fit new brake pads next week as the originals are almost worn out :smirk:

personally I prefer the 6th gear and less taxi sound of the 2.0 :giggle: