Fifth Gear Review

Was it a 3.6 or a 2.0?

I notice they forgot once again to show it off inside, and do a proper this is what it drives like test.

In the speed test it was probably the DSG that defeated the Volvo, I have one myself and it gives you such an edge from standing it makes you quicker than a lot of bigger engined cars.

As for the boot, hgaf, it's big and it will handle everything you want it too, even a Vectra estate would've had a shout in this one.

And noise, errr, of course it's quiet, it's a modern car and a range topper, who in their right mind would send their flagship off to market sounding like V8 Cleveland...doh.

When is one of them actually going to show the snobs and the misguided what they are missing, car's been out for nearly 2 years now and I've still yet to see a proper feature on it on British TV, nor the Insignia for that matter, and will someone tell Plato he isn't 17 anymore and to lay off the chavvy dude phrases he seems to muster up each week......and when I hit the loud pedal!!!!! ohh pleeeease.

I wasted 20 minutes of my life watching the whole feature on demand-five.

The only reason I watched it was for the Superb, which they didn't really talk about apart from it's not as noisey as a 17 year old car, it's faster than a leggy old Volvo, and that it will fit more stuffed animals in the boot than you are ever going to want to carry. I wonder how many chavs watching that last night simply couldn't get their heads around a £30k Skoda, to them that's like a Saxo+plus insurance+'bang'in' stereo+holiday in shagaluf+medical fees for the stabbing they are likely to get+some spending money for the eleventy kids they've collected since puberty.

The Bentley piece was pretty crap, maybe I'm getting old or something but even Vicky BH doesn't interest me now.

I don't really like any of the presenters, Plato thinks he a legend. He's not.

Ahhhh. At least TopGear starts on Sunday, oh and it's Englands last match of the world cup too. :giggle:

Edited by Allams Skoda

Nice one, enjoyed reading that post, makes me think again why I left the UK..... :rofl:

I wasted 20 minutes of my life watching the whole feature on demand-five.

The only reason I watched it was for the Superb, which they didn't really talk about apart from it's not as noisey as a 17 year old car, it's faster than a leggy old Volvo, and that it will fit more stuffed animals in the boot than you are ever going to want to carry. I wonder how many chavs watching that last night simply couldn't get their heads around a £30k Skoda, to them that's like a Saxo+plus insurance+'bang'in' stereo+holiday in shagaluf+medical fees for the stabbing they are likely to get+some spending money for the eleventy kids they've collected since puberty.

The Bentley piece was pretty crap, maybe I'm getting old or something but even Vicky BH doesn't interest me now.

I don't really like any of the presenters, Plato thinks he a legend. He's not.

Ahhhh. At least TopGear starts on Sunday, oh and it's Englands last match of the world cup too. :giggle:

• 5 months later...

Just noticed that they have updated their crew car review by putting the Superb up against and E-class.

http://fwd.five.tv/fifth-gear/videos/other/fifth-gear-web-tv-skoda-superb-vs-mercedes-e-class

A poverty spec Merc for £33k or a Top Spec Superb With toys for £25k - hmm, let's think.....

Al.

A poverty spec Merc for £33k or a Top Spec Superb With toys for £25k - hmm, let's think.....

Al.

A thought it was a great review, lots of my Merc/BMW/Audi owning colleague saw it, and said to me and asked if that was the car I was talking about a couple of days ago, they now all want to take a look at mine when it turns up, I'm starting to think the badge snobbery is becoming a thing of the past.

I work in an IT sales environment, I do presales i.e. the technical part, nearly all the salesman are looking at moving to things like Hyundai due to depreciation of the premium brands, poor warranties and the pure cost of servicing, they just want a good car that takes them to meetings.

I'm going to be proud to drive my Skoda when I get it.

My Superb Estate 170CR Elegance should be here any day now. I used to be one of those badge snobs but I can't wait to get the Superb now. In all my BMW/Audi/Merc owning days, I've never has a car so well equipped. My boss runs a BMW and he can't wait for the superb arrives either as the spec's much better than his car for two thirds the money.

I'm in IT Sales,so do quite a bit of mileage and I think the superb will just eat the miles.