Compatibility of HTC Wildfire with Superb II

Which OS does this phone use, if its Windows Mobile 6.5 then yes it is. if the phone is based on the android OS then I am not sure that this supports RSAP yet.

Which OS does this phone use, if its Windows Mobile 6.5 then yes it is. if the phone is based on the android OS then I am not sure that this supports RSAP yet.

Android does not support de rSAP protocol. But has de HFP protocol. But you alsno need to know with BT module is fitted. Seems like dealers will fit one randomly (OEM, Fiscon, moBridge).

With the OEM it will probably not work. Only very old ones supported the HFP protocol. (although after week 22 it should again, but skoda, and my dealers are not 100% sure).

In holland the moBridge BT kit is now an official accesorie. And it should be able to connect to just about any phone. And it is firmware upgradable through an SD card for future phones.

The spec for the HTC Wildfire is Android™ 2.1 (Éclair). I understand the HTC Hero phone which has an Android OS is compatible with the Columbus GPS, however, I don't think I have seen confirmation about this or the Wildfire compatibility on this website.

Thank you for responding.

If you have GSM II it should work

If you have an original GSM III it won't work

If you have the new GSM III+ (week 22 builds onwards apparently) it should work

• 2 months later...

Having bought a new HTC Wildfire handset on the 3 network, the Columbus system after detecting the phone and attempting to connect, states it is not compatible. Does anyone know if I have to tweak the phone or Columbus to get the phone to connect?

Any help would be most gratefully received.

No there is no tool (yet) that allows an Android device to work with rSAP if it is not already supported from te manufactuerer.

There are other options, but they are pricey. Skoda (VW) now have a new type of BT carkit. It is compatible with rSAP and HFP. And will work with the wildfire.

Or you can try to get your hands on a kufactec or moBridge device.

• 2 months later...

If you have GSM II it should work

If you have an original GSM III it won't work

If you have the new GSM III+ (week 22 builds onwards apparently) it should work

======================================================================

To use Speakerphone in Superb?

I have in Superb a "universal phone preparation GSM II "

and the HTC Wildfire a " A2DP " !

1) Question: Does this together? I can try this anywhere.

2) Is there a dealer in Austria or Germany, where can I try it?