scottish dealers

Hi

Looking to order a vrs estate asap, been round the Edinburgh dealers also seen the DTD prices and dealers seem to be bit away from that. I have a trade in tho and would also rather order through dealer.

anyone had a good deal lately?

also will dealers only deduct the vat? ie is there any room on prices after that? im thinking my only chance is getting more for my trade in

thanks

decided to email 3 scottish dealers this week to see best price against DTD. only 1 replied dont think the other 2 want to sell a car??

ill take a trip to the 1 that emailed back soon although still a bit away from DTD

I got mine from West End Garage in Broxburn. Speak to Eddie Downie, he sold me my car and was happy to talk about deals. Great service in the garage aswell.

Tell him Andrew that bought the Blue vRS sent you up to see him.

Edited by a_waugh

Why not order one from England?

It'll be worth it financially to travel down, you'll get a nice 'running-in' trip back to Scotland - I see no downside personally.

I live in Birmingham, and if the best deal I could have got was from Edinburgh or Glasgow, I'd have driven it, no quibbles.

H

Have you tried Ingram Skoda, in Ayrshire. Just call them and tell them you're looking to do a deal today, but don't want to drive down unless they'll move a bit on price. They didn't discount my car, but gave me a VERY good price for my p/x, equivalent to a decent discount.

I live in Edinburgh but ordered mine from Silbury Skoda in Cramlington who did a cracking deal. It was worth the £15 train fare to pick the car up to save approx. £1500 over the Edinburgh dealer who said that they couldn't offer anything else off the Vat free price.

Speak to Stuart or Daniel at West End Skoda in Broxburn.

Have bought a fair few cars there and they are very easy to deal with.

I have a new vRS in order for September, the deal they have offered is so good that the new car with various extra will cost me less a month than my 09 one!

Bought mine from Delmore in Inverness. Dealt with Ian Eastwood. He was excellent and not at all pushy. An excellent buying experience. Build week was nominated week after the order. It was correct and the delivery date was also spot on. I was kept fully informed throughout, and they always got back to me within the hour if I called with a question. Car was well prepared and the handover made me feel special. Also did me a good deal on my part ex which was a 10 month old fully loaded A4. Got a nice big cheque and a new car - beat that!

Regards

Pilkers

when we bought our Octy Estate in January, I was phoning around and trying to play West End, Newmarket (Stirling) and Chathams (Dunfermline) off each other.

None would be happy to make a first step, but each was always willing to match what the others said.

West End seemed reluctant to deal, we just didn't feel comfortable with Newmarket, and in the end SWMBO got fed up with all the phone calls so we went with Chathams, and were very happy with both the car, and the customer service.