Radio bang

Hi folks I know its been covered on here before but I have searched and can't find it--

Today i had a really loud 'BANG' from the Stream MP3 unit. For a moment I didn't know what had happened

-thought something had hit the car!

Can you shed any light on the cause and remedy?

cheers

Hi folks I know its been covered on here before but I have searched and can't find it--

Today i had a really loud 'BANG' from the Stream MP3 unit. For a moment I didn't know what had happened

-thought something had hit the car!

Can you shed any light on the cause and remedy?

cheers

funny you should say that, EXACTLY the same thing happened to mine the other week, {like you i thought something had hit the car or i had run over something !} apart from afterwards i had no sound, had to switch it off for about 30 mins, then everything was ok..... :wonder: :wonder: :wonder:

This has been reported before and there is a thread about it somewhere. I don't think a cause/cure has been found. It happened to me once - nearly jumped out of my skin.

Andy

It's fixed by a firmware update on the head unit. Common one. Also fixes the issue where the sound just goes off and you need to reset the ignition to get it back. Took 2 visits for the dealer to sort mine as they insisted there was no firmware update available first time round. :(

Same thing here, a loud pop/bang and no sound, I was about to ring the dealer and claim under the warranty but I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and it was fine again, it’s only happened once in 6 months.

Yup had that a couple of times. Never needed to disconnect the battery just turn the engine off.

Never happened again after the first service so I assume they updated the firmware.