Going to Prague!

Dmac1969

Hi All

Im going to Prague on the 26th of this month and wondered if anyone has any hints and tips on what to do/see ect? Is there any way of visiting the Skoda factory and Museum from Prague (organised trips ect?) Also how many CZ Crowns do you think would be needed for a general visit ie a few beers , some dinner and maybe supper , plus entrance money to local attractions ect , im goin on a monday morning and coming back the following sunday evening. Is it expensive? Also how do you reccomend getting to and from the Airport , would it be ok just to get a Taxi , as I do not know Prague at all so have no clue what bus or train route to get - my Hotel is next door to the Staropramen Brewery apparently! (I shal be sampling a few of their products no doubt!) Also safety and security , are there any no go areas? Im going alone so would be easy prey i guess (especially as im as soft as the proverbial lol!) I know loads off here have been to Czech before so I hope you dont mind me picking your brains - all comments welcome , Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Edited by Dmac1969

Me and Mrs Stig were there in 1997. From waht I can remember, great food, great beer :thumbup:

Me and Mrs Stig were there in 1997. From waht I can remember, great food, great beer :thumbup:

Sounds good to me that , dont think I will bother with the ladies of the night tho lol :giggle:

Went to Prague in 2004 for a long weekend, the beer was good and cheap as was the food, but I'm told it is more expensive now. The beer was about 50p a pint and a meal in the evening for 2 came to about £15.

From the airport do not use the local taxis as they are crooks. We used a company that had VW transporters that dropped you at the hotel. (I think they were called Cdac) try this link. http://www.pragueairport.co.uk/shuttle-transport.htm

There is plenty to see, we stayed on the castle side of the river and the tram stop was just outside. We bought a 72 hour tram, bus, train ticket for less than £5 each so getting around is easy. You can buy the tickets at the muesum at the castle end of Charles bridge.

I've know idea about trips out of the city, so search the net before you go, tripadvisor usually has some good info.

BEWARE of pickpockets on Charles bridge and on the underground.

Also try this link: http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/

Went to Prague in 2004 for a long weekend, the beer was good and cheap as was the food, but I'm told it is more expensive now. The beer was about 50p a pint and a meal in the evening for 2 came to about £15.

From the airport do not use the local taxis as they are crooks. We used a company that had VW transporters that dropped you at the hotel. (I think they were called Cdac) try this link. http://www.pragueairport.co.uk/shuttle-transport.htm

There is plenty to see, we stayed on the castle side of the river and the tram stop was just outside. We bought a 72 hour tram, bus, train ticket for less than £5 each so getting around is easy. You can buy the tickets at the muesum at the castle end of Charles bridge.

I've know idea about trips out of the city, so search the net before you go, tripadvisor usually has some good info.

BEWARE of pickpockets on Charles bridge and on the underground.

Also try this link: http://www.prague-guide.co.uk/

Thanks for that , ive done a bit of web searching and read all about the taxis - looks like a pre booked transfer is the way to go! I never carry my wallet when im out and about anyway , just have money in my front jeans pocket and my hands are usually in there too lol :giggle: