EGR EML Light P0401

I've had a problem with the EML coming on since I got the car and today I remember that I have a PLX Kiwi (on demo) from the states.

Having run the diag on the car 06 VRS it shows the error P0401 and I found this

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16785/P0401/001025

Anybody else had issues like this? The EML sometimes goes off but then pops back on after a mile or so.

On another note - if anybody is local to me (Stamford, Lincs) and needs either a EML reset or diag fault code reading then feel free to PM me. Quite happy to do it at my convenicance for a Twix.

I recall that there was a problem with engine stutter on VRS Fabias of around that year. The cause was finally put down to the EGR system. The modification was to restrict the flow by reducing the size of the gasket, however Skoda could only take it down to a certain size without falling fowl of emissions regulations/type approval etc.

I would suspect that someone may have put in a more restrictive gasket or blanked off the EGR system. A search on here for engine stutter may give you more insight.

EGR may have been turned down using VCDS or vacumm hose has been removed from EGR, or EGR unit may be blocked, or 9mm hole gasket fitted.

Edited by MoggyTech

Cheers for that guys, I would have a little look today but it seems that the light has now decided to turn itself off again. I will plug in my reader tonight and see if the fault code is gone too.