Yeti Spare Wheel

Alan Harrow

Hi, I have a Yeti with the spare (only as it was an earlier delivery) I want to remove it and the storage boxes (no problem) but the existing mat does sit well on the lowered floor pan. I see the from factory Yeti's without sp wheel have different compressed parts for support. Does anyone know where I can obtain these ??? Has anyone done this already ??

I'm sure there will be a Yeti owner who doesn't have the spare wheel option but does have the insert and the tyre gunk that would be willing to do a swap?

Hi, I have a Yeti with the spare (only as it was an earlier delivery) I want to remove it and the storage boxes (no problem) but the existing mat does sit well on the lowered floor pan. I see the from factory Yeti's without sp wheel have different compressed parts for support. Does anyone know where I can obtain these ??? Has anyone done this already ??

If you get an answer please post. They say the spare is cheaper to order but I want the space, so I would likely do what you have done and would prefer to get a flat floor

If you get an answer please post. They say the spare is cheaper to order but I want the space, so I would likely do what you have done and would prefer to get a flat floor

Hi Sydney Spider. In the uk the spare wheel is an addt'l £55. The Yeti can be ordered without the spare.

I think the answer lies in replacing the boot floor not the boxes. The floor included with the spare is designed to compensate for the additional height of the spare wheel. When I got mine I asked the dealer and he thought it would be around £50 for the new foor. Pretty easy to dismantle everything - I had mine completely out when the dog decided to pee in the back :smirk:

Simon

I converted from no spare to a spare, and bought the plastic boxes and different boot floor from the local dealer. The original boot floor and the plastic filler piece to make the floor support even now sits in the garage to no use. The boot floor is a bit larger than the one for the spare wheel, and the plastic filler is just a flat disc, evening out the dimple for the spare wheel.

You only need those two pieces, so they should be available from any Skoda dealer. The patrts cost cannot be much, as the extra boxes were not too expensive. Packing and shipping the bits from here to the UK is probably more expensive than just buying them, otherwise, I would be glad to get rid of them.

I converted from no spare to a spare, and bought the plastic boxes and different boot floor from the local dealer. The original boot floor and the plastic filler piece to make the floor support even now sits in the garage to no use. The boot floor is a bit larger than the one for the spare wheel, and the plastic filler is just a flat disc, evening out the dimple for the spare wheel.

You only need those two pieces, so they should be available from any Skoda dealer. The patrts cost cannot be much, as the extra boxes were not too expensive. Packing and shipping the bits from here to the UK is probably more expensive than just buying them, otherwise, I would be glad to get rid of them.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping some one in the UK or Scotland has done the same. I will price the floor and disc.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping some one in the UK or Scotland has done the same. I will price the floor and disc.

You can get the boot floor and the plastic filler for free. Just come and get thememoticon-0136-giggle.gif

bfpf.jpg

bfloor_nr.jpg

pfiller_nr.jpg

You can get the boot floor and the plastic filler for free. Just come and get thememoticon-0136-giggle.gif

bfpf.jpg

bfloor_nr.jpg

pfiller_nr.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Delighted with the pics, I am going to try the local dealer and price the parts. Would be over the moon if I could manage to collect from you but.............

Thanks for the reply. Delighted with the pics, I am going to try the local dealer and price the parts. Would be over the moon if I could manage to collect from you but.............

Yuo would not have to go that far. You can pick up mine on the way to see Helgestall in Sweden. :giggle:

You can have mine. Denmark/Sweden might be nearer as the crow flies but you won't get your feet wet with mine!

I'm on holiday at the moment but if this is of interest let me know and we'll sort out the logistics when I'm back home.

My ex-demo Yeti was without a spare but I bought the Skoda spare and floor so i have the floor and foam piece surplus.

John

You can have mine. Denmark/Sweden might be nearer as the crow flies but you won't get your feet wet with mine!

I'm on holiday at the moment but if this is of interest let me know and we'll sort out the logistics when I'm back home.

My ex-demo Yeti was without a spare but I bought the Skoda spare and floor so i have the floor and foam piece surplus.

John

Hi John, thanks for the post. Yes please get in touch once you are home. Have a good hol.

I dont suppose anyone else has added the spare wheel and has spare parts to sell on??

I am looking to enlarge the boot space by taking the spare out...but I will keep it handy, just in case. I guess I will need the tyre goo and inflator kit as well?

Regards to all,

Levnclo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John, thanks for the post. Yes please get in touch once you are home. Have a good hol.

Hi Alan

I've attached a couple of pics. If these are what you need, please PM me with your postal address and I'll get them sent off.

Best wishes

John

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1495.jpg

I dont suppose anyone else has added the spare wheel and has spare parts to sell on??

I am looking to enlarge the boot space by taking the spare out...but I will keep it handy, just in case. I guess I will need the tyre goo and inflator kit as well?

Regards to all,

Levnclo.

Hi Levnclo

Can't help with the boot floor and polystyrene packing as you'll see they've been promised.

However regarding the inflator and sealant, I would have a look on ebay. As I bought the spare wheel kit for my Yeti, I also have the inflator and goo which I think gives me a belt and braces solution.

However, the inflator is exactly the same as we got with my wife's (BMW) Mini and as was in my M-B SLK. I bought an inflator and goo from ebay (ex-Mini) for the Smart ForTwo (no spare wheel) which followed the Mini from ebay for about £15.

In fact if you check the following link, there is a VAG inflator and sealant on ebay currently at £15 with 4 hours to go, representing a vast saving.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-AUDI-SKODA-SEAT-TMS-TYRE-INFLATOR-AIR-COMPRESSOR-/160465581299?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

John

• 3 years later...