vRS exhaust

However I have read that noise is tested. MOT garages test on is noise of the exhaust system If its over 74db you could fail your MOT.

Taken from TDOC - Diesel Emissions and De-Cats

I believe they can fail an overtley noisy one. The standard exhaust noise on the VRS is 79db. at 3000rpm. so they can't fail all VRS's

personaly id have a sportscat oposed to a straight through decat,one thing id like to know is are there any real performance benifits on a diesel with a full system apart from throttle response, also i know its very easy to get a tailpipe that looks similar to the oem one if you want to keep the look but have the noise and extra performance (IF IT GIVES MUCH) B)

oh btw aboot the mot the noise isnt tested its only if the tester thinks it sounds like a race car basicaly, then he can fail it. and the emisions arnt tested on a diesel i dont think only petrol, but it is nice to have a cat so your not killing the plannet haha

Here's my blueflame next to an oem tailpipe ( on Gareth1.8Ts LE )

for physical comparison.

IMG_2013.jpg

I noticed earlier that someone posted a link to a cat back system on ebay for £195

From what I heard when doing a bit of research before eventually buying my Blueflame

that particular Jetex system is one of the "louder" ones available for the vRS.

I imagine this is due to the absence of a second backbox/silencer.

I didn't particularly want a noisier system

so in the end I opted for the Blueflame which does have the second backbox/silencer

and in return got a slightly deeper tone on tickover, and more turbo sound when I spank it a bit.

Although some may disagree, I think the blueflame tailpipe fits the hole very well and really suits the car.

Overall I'm happy with my purchase. Blueflame catback system. £285 delivered.

I went for the Blue flame for virtually the same reasons as above. but I also got the Blueflame sports cat downpipe. will let you know exactly what it all sounds like and feels like once I get car back from Jabba Sports in a week or so's time.

I wanted an upgrade on the system but still look at a quick glance like the OEM unit. fortunately this does. bought the downpipe seconhand with 6000 miles coverd for £100 and the rest of system for £230 delivered. Great bargain.

will post more if this thread still running once I have car back.

enjoy.

this is the pic from the for sale advert for mine, the twin miltec

VehicleImageaxd2.jpg

they do look good now there clean < ! :giggle:

But still to me the twin aspect placed on that car just doesn't look right.

don't get me wrong the miltec exhaust is a goooood exhaust, but just doesn't have that look about it that fits in with the car.

hey ho though, each to there own... I once put lexus style rear lights on a car. so what do I know. he he he

cheers, enjoy,

But still to me the twin aspect placed on that car just doesn't look right.

don't get me wrong the miltec exhaust is a goooood exhaust, but just doesn't have that look about it that fits in with the car.

hey ho though, each to there own... I once put lexus style rear lights on a car. so what do I know. he he he

cheers, enjoy,

i do know what you mean , i bought it like this and cant justify taking it off for an oval one, plus now they are chrome they dont look bad, :thumbup:

I've had them in the past. I looked into it this time as well. I spoke to Zorstec who are the best where I live and it would have been at least £350 depending on what tail pipe I wanted. I got the Milltek system from Awesome for £280.

I've had them in the past. I looked into it this time as well. I spoke to Zorstec who are the best where I live and it would have been at least £350 depending on what tail pipe I wanted. I got the Milltek system from Awesome for £280.

Zorstec are not so good at making car exhausts , good at making bike ones tho,

were abouts you from spud what your real name ?

Zorstec are not so good at making car exhausts , good at making bike ones tho,

were abouts you from spud what your real name ?

I live in west yorkshire. Had a couple of car systems from them and they have been spot on.

I don't think it would fit. I think the distance from the silencer to the bumper edge is alot more on the Fabia so the tailpipes wouldn't reach.

Before I bought one I'd want to go to a place that stocks both of them (vrs and Ibiza one) and compare them side by side.

Looking in the Milltek catalogue the vRS and the Ibiza twin jet have different part numbers (and price), so probably are different.

Fabia vRS rear silencer = MSSK05 (£187)*

Ibiza FR TDI & Cupra twin Jet = MSSE120 (£225)*

*(Jan 08 prices)

Edited by Jim H