Intermittent Cruise Control Fault

I read a thread on a intermittent cruise control fault on the Octavia M11's and can be rectified by cleaning the contacts

I have searched high and low and I can't find the thread, anyone help please?

Is it an easy job or will it be covered by the Skoda 12 month Approved warranty

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Ive got this issue

Spoke to them 2 times about it now.. but dont want to touch it.

Other half took car in to be sorted for other work .. mentioned about the CC not working some times.. and the techy took car for a test.. (and of course it works fine) , and reported back to her with sarcasm about how to use it!! NOT AMUSED

If someone has had this before..can you link defo known fix please.

I want mine sorted pre going out of warentee hehe

luckly the same garage reported back that the battery is near enough screwed.. and gona try replacing under warentee .. *nice one*

It should throw an intermittent fault code. You can remove the switch and clean the contacts or replace the switch / stalk, but it's covered by warranty.

My Octy suffered this problem about 18 months ago. When I took it in for a service it was rectified under warranty. If my memory serves me right........ I believe the service manger told me they had repaced the indicator stalk which houses the switch.

Hope this helps.

Mine went on my old (05) car - stalk replaced under warranty with something that looked suspiciously like the stalk that I now have on my FL.

Since it's a known problem, it would be difficult for the dealer to argue that it's not covered by your 12-month warranty, so I'd try that route first.

• 2 months later...

Car went in the stealers 6 weeks ago and the Cruise control switch was replaced. The fault seemed to have been fixed but now it has reappeared.

Engage Cruise, touch the brakes/cancel with the switch on the stalk/press the clutch witch all cancels Cruise, press the button again and nothing happens, stop car, turn engine off, restart car and all is fine.

Does it need a complete stalk??

It does throw a VCDS fault code, I had this and had the stalk replaced.

Happened to me on old PD140 Mk 2

The only way I could get to work was to stop the engine and start again...kind of rebooting if ya like, then it worked

Dealer reckoned new stalk and no faults where logged. He also said he had seen it a few times before.

Sold the car before I ever got it resolved

Thanks

It does throw a VCDS fault code, I had this and had the stalk replaced.

Just returned from the Stealers and was told the complete arm was replaced last time the car was in for this fault.

After lots of scratching heads they are now thinking about replacing an electrical module in the steering column.

Just returned from the Stealers and was told the complete arm was replaced last time the car was in for this fault.

After lots of scratching heads they are now thinking about replacing an electrical module in the steering column.

Did they check the clutch switch? If there is a fault, the cruise control is disabled until the car is restarted.

It's quite well known on the earlier cars. My '06 Octy had its cruise stalk replaced under warranty.

Had the same cruise control unit on an 05 Seat Altea and it went like that too...I was also told at the time that it was a known VAG fault and it was fixed under warranty