Window auto close with rain

It Works!

Many thanks to Mike Holroyd emoticon-0148-yes.gif and Eddie-NL emoticon-0148-yes.gif - I now have auto rain closing and the convenience menu in maxidot.

To cut a long story short, the MAX CCM was coded up using the tick-boxes to replicate the MIN version and I still had problems with the tailgate, rear doors and fuel filler flap not locking.

We then put Eddie's coding in, which changed some of the coding for which VCDS had no tick boxes to explain what they were for, and VOILA! it worked. Just had to change a couple of options to get it how I wanted it set up and it has been fine.

So, many thanks to Mike for his VCDS assistance and Eddie for his advice and 'borrowing' his coding. I don't know what car this CCM came out of, but it wasn't a 5 door Golf as I was led to believe when I bought it.

So, it can be done and pretty simple to do (as long as you have some valid coding as a starting point).

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news Andy - well done. And another good Briskoda assistance success story emoticon-0148-yes.gif

So the thinking remains that the CCM you had fitted as default would still not be capable of undertaking rain closing, even with some amended coding?

In theory, it should prevent you from saving to the CCM anything that isn't possible. You would get a failure to code message.

Suppose it just depends whether they've switched around any of the coding bytes between the MIN and MAX versions. I would find that unlikely, although not impossible.

I just wonder whether the same is true for CCM swaps as it is for CAN gateways. If you have screenshots from each section for Andy's CCM then you might be able to compare & contrast?

As for upgrade, I think if one was floating about, perhaps via a breakers/salvage I might be tempted, but at their usual price I don't think I'd get much added value from it.