iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy?

wootton59

I Phone 4 or Samsung Gaxlay?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. I Phone 4 or Samsung Gaxlay?

• I Phone
    • Samsung

Upgrade time and I am stuck between two phones! Its a hard one this year as there are some great offers and phones out there. Just hope this poll will help me pick the right one. If not I am blaming all of you. :yes:

Absolutely ANYTHING but the I Phone :thumbdown:

I love the functionality of it, I love the Apps & what I can do with it.

But, I want a phone first & a gadget second, The signal & dropped calls, i just cannot live with.

I have run 2 handsets side by side, one being a Blackberry 8900 & the I Phone, both same network, the BB blows the Die phone away in terms of phone calls, (actually being able to make them that is).

I am still mid contract & am seriously considering buying my way out.

:(

Out of the two, the Samsung. Samsung realiability + Andriod = win IMO.

If others are an option, after using an HTC Desire for a few minutes, then I'd have to say that - awesome phone. However since I got Andriod 2.1 onto my HTC Hero it's got a new lease of life - so maybe anything with Andriod 2.1+?

Neither.

HTC Desire! Comes with android 2,2 NOW. The Samsung Galaxy S will only get it later in the year.

The Galaxy S, doesn't have a flash for its camera & it's not quite as good as a Desire.

i have all three of the above desire, galaxy and iphone (cant get a signal) 4 and i can say that i personally prefer the galaxy for the bigger screen but the other half prefers her desire but we both dislike the iphone 4 so i would say get a play with both the androids then make up your mind.

regards,

forgot to mention the Galaxy S doesnt have a flash for the camera, tbh ive never even used a camera in a phone for anymore than 2 pics let alone needing the flash to take drunken pics of yourself and mates on various nights out so you can post it on facebook etc.

i am thinkning maybe the I phone now just because of the name and all the apps!

The Htc Desire was one of my options but has been rules out due to the gaxlay s and i phone both having better screens.

Anyone know if there are any phones coming out soon that might be worth that wait?? Or knowing apple they will release a I phone 5 next week! :giggle:

i am thinkning maybe the I phone now just because of the name and all the apps!

The Htc Desire was one of my options but has been rules out due to the gaxlay s and i phone both having better screens.

Anyone know if there are any phones coming out soon that might be worth that wait?? Or knowing apple they will release a I phone 5 next week! :giggle:

apparently a shed load of new androids coming in the next few months. You can always root your android and install what you like - my Hero got 2.1 that way. One other thing to remember about the Iphone is if the battery needs replaced you're looking at a coul,d of hundred quid - you can't just get another off ebay and pop it in yourself.

From what I can see the Andorid phones are getting harder to root, as the manufacturers add their own software to the open source core. HTC's phones are getting harder as not allsd cards can be used to create a gold card. I don't know if the Samsung has been rootred yet either, The best place to look would be xda-developers.

One other thing to remember about the Iphone is if the battery needs replaced you're looking at a coul,d of hundred quid - you can't just get another off ebay and pop it in yourself.

Is it just me here? But I've had a mobile phone of some sort for 10 years now and have never needed to replace a battery in any phone I've owned? Granted, only two years is probably the average length I've kept a phone for, but even at the end of that time the phone is in worse condition than the battery in it? I never understand the battery argument against the Apple hardware.

Don't bother with the Samsung, it might have a better screen than the desire but the interface is not nice in comparison. You'll spend more time using the interface than you will staring at how bright the screen is and in all honesty you will not notice the difference. Get the HTC Desire, you won't regret it.

If it has to be out of the two then the Samsung purely because it runs android.

If you are open to other suggestions then my money is on the HTC Desire.

I know I may have a slightly biased opinion but they really are a good phone.

So what if it isn't quite user friendly out of the box like the iPhone. It has, IMO, a much better OS than iOS and I find iPhones very boring to use.

The Desire has some really good increased functionality over stock android thanks to HTC Sense that it runs and it still has a pretty good display although the new ones are now using a super-LCD rather than AMOLED due to limited availability of the AMOLED units but is still a very good display even next to the iPhone 4.

Phil

Is it just me here? But I've had a mobile phone of some sort for 10 years now and have never needed to replace a battery in any phone I've owned? Granted, only two years is probably the average length I've kept a phone for, but even at the end of that time the phone is in worse condition than the battery in it? I never understand the battery argument against the Apple hardware.

I made the point coz I had literally just read an Iphone user on a VW forum moaning coz Apple wanted £200 to replace a dead battery on his Iphone. I've had batteries need replaced on other phones too. Maybe I hang on to my phones too long.

Even if you don't replace them then try this: if you're travelling and won't have access to power then smart phones (Iphone and android) will suck a battery dry if you use them to the max. Carry a spare battery and swap 'em over.

But there's lots of other arguments for and against both phones,

• 5 weeks later...

Really like the Galaxy S. Before I make any decisions I wanted to check if Bolero blutooth recognises the Samsung and if anyone has had any issues with the same.

I have an OEM car kit (factory fitted) and I know that the BT module does not pair well with many brands