More VRS cut out problems

After having a few cut out problems over the past couple of years or so I thought it had been cured, but last week I drove over a cattle grid and about 10mph and the engine cut out and the glow plug light came on as usual and the ASR light. Then when I came to start it the glow plug light wouldn't come on and the ASR light remained on.

I'm used to this senario now and I just keep turning the ignition on and off without turning the engine over (as it will never start). Once I see the glow plug light come on and the sound of the fuel pump whooshing? then I know we're in business.

It took me about 15 minutes for this to work last week and on the same day I must have driven over a bit of bumpy road and cut out again but managed to fire it back up whilst still moving. It is very worring as if I was on the motorway in the fast lane doing 70 and losing my power steering and brake asistance etc it could prove quite difficult getting over to the hard shoulder.

In the past I've had the fuel pump relay changed twice, battery changed as skoda thought that could be a reason why as it was showing low, also they have on another occasion cleaned and ECU connectors.....but I still encounter this problem from time to time. At the weekend it cut out 3 times in a day 2 of which I got started whilst moving and the other took about 5 minutes to get going again. The thing I have recognised on the last few times is that it is related to vibration due to bad road surface etc.

Any one got any fresh ideas other than the above that I've tried??

Thanks

Obviously a bad connection somewhere if a cattle grid set it off. Problem is it could be anything, even a loose plate in the battery. Best solution, would be to log live data, and drive over a cattle grid until the fault occurs. My money would be on bad connection on the relay carrier though.

Does the Furbie vRS have a collision sensor engine cut-out? If so, I'd be inclined to suspect the contacts on it.

I've read before that it does have this sensor, so could be the cause of the problem. I'd definitely say bad connection if it only happens on bumpy roads - certainly not a good thing, I'd never get through my estate if I were you!

mine does the same thing but usually when i go fast up a stretch of road and then slow for a roundabout or giveway,if i dont catch it while im still moving then i sit for a couple of attempts to get it going...very annoying!!!!!!!matt

mine does the same thing but usually when i go fast up a stretch of road and then slow for a roundabout or giveway,if i dont catch it while im still moving then i sit for a couple of attempts to get it going...very annoying!!!!!!!matt

It is very annoying and embarassing....it can take me around a hundred times plus for me to get it going again!! I would be much happier with just a couple of attempts - once the glow plug light appears on the dash it's away first time...v annoying.

This is a long shot -

I do remember someone on here, claiming to work at the factory where the cars were produced. Saying that some of the wires underneath the steering were faulty..... Might be worth getting a decent techie to have a look for any broken wires?

• 2 weeks later...

It cut out again at the weekend and got the AA out as I couldn't get it going. He checked all the relays etc and spent about 2 hours looking for the problem but also suggested a bad connection somewhere. In the end he gave up so we were going to take it to Skoda but when he checked everything was secure on the transportation ramp (by driving his van a yard and braking hard) he turned the ignition and saw the glow plug light come on and it started!!! AGHHHH! How annoying - I need to take it to skoda when it's "dead".

• 3 weeks later...

It cut out again at the weekend and got the AA out as I couldn't get it going. He checked all the relays etc and spent about 2 hours looking for the problem but also suggested a bad connection somewhere. In the end he gave up so we were going to take it to Skoda but when he checked everything was secure on the transportation ramp (by driving his van a yard and braking hard) he turned the ignition and saw the glow plug light come on and it started!!! AGHHHH! How annoying - I need to take it to skoda when it's "dead".

Finally got the problem sorted at Simpsons Skoda - I needed multiple wiring fixes, as a suspected rodent had eaten the insulation through to the copper wire!! as they like to use the plastic for their nest apparently! Flipping annoying - I'm thinking of putting some mouse traps under the bonnet just in case ;)

Finally got the problem sorted at Simpsons Skoda - I needed multiple wiring fixes, as a suspected rodent had eaten the insulation through to the copper wire!! as they like to use the plastic for their nest apparently! Flipping annoying - I'm thinking of putting some mouse traps under the bonnet just in case ;)

Been a while since I've heard of rodents eating the wiring :rofl: Mates attic got stripped of all alarm wiring by squirrels :D