POLLEN FILTER/FAN

bobspark

Is there a trick to removing the polystyrene board under the glove box without breaking it? I’ve been on my knees for 10 minutes or more, fiddling it back and forward.

My heater fan only works in position 4 , as does the air conditioning , so I’m hoping if I can get in there I might find , fan ,resister bank and pollen filter, with a possibility of a loose connection ?

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for replies I am sure you are right that it is the resister unit.

I know have an Elsewin manual and with this I am slowly becoming familiar with the Roomster innards.

Only had the car a few weeks.

Managed to get to the air filter, but I think resister is still out of reach.

Got 2 months left on warranty so will try to get them involved at time of MOT.

I know have an Elsewin manual and with this I am slowly becoming familiar with the Roomster innards.

if it is under warranty, give the problem to them, the resistor unit is a bu**ger to replace once you can see it, did one the weekend on the wifes fabia mk1 and still have the scars to prove it, about £40 for the part as well

• 1 month later...

How did you get the polystyrene panel off? I need to have a look at mine, too......

I changed my pollen filter last week as part of a full service. Just get your head in the passenger footwell and look up under the glove box. You just carefully move that black semi rigid foam out the way and then remove the foam panel. I pushed the side nearest the seat towards the engine a bit and carefully pulled it down a bit, releasing the tabs on the end of the rigid foam.

It comes out quite easily, just don't bend the foam as I'm sure it would snap a bit like polystyrine would.

Then to get the pollen filter out slide the two plastic bars and the bottom comes away. I forgot which way to put the new filter in but then found out it would only go fully in one way due to a tab on the bottom fitting in a cutout on the holding frame.

My pollen filter was a dark grey on a Nov 97 roomster. Probably never been changed. But now with warrenty finished I can service it properly.

Edited by aubrey
  • Like 1