Long Delivery & VAT Free

Have visited 2 dealers this weekend one quoting 12 to 15 weeks for Octavia delivery and the other quoting 18 weeks. As we are now at the start of week 33 worse scenario case is I may not get delivery before year end. Next point is hows this going to affect the final price. One dealer says that delivery in 2011 would mean I would have to pay the difference between 17.5% and 20%. The other dealer says providing the car is ordered by September the 1st the extra VAT would be picked up by Skoda if delivery couldnt be made by 31/12/2010. I havent yet placed my order as i'm not sure whats the official position and also not sure I want to wait that long for my new car.

Can anyone clarify please.

Thanks.

Have visited 2 dealers this weekend one quoting 12 to 15 weeks for Octavia delivery and the other quoting 18 weeks. As we are now at the start of week 33 worse scenario case is I may not get delivery before year end. Next point is hows this going to affect the final price. One dealer says that delivery in 2011 would mean I would have to pay the difference between 17.5% and 20%. The other dealer says providing the car is ordered by September the 1st the extra VAT would be picked up by Skoda if delivery couldnt be made by 31/12/2010. I havent yet placed my order as i'm not sure whats the official position and also not sure I want to wait that long for my new car.

Can anyone clarify please.

Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Terms and conditions

Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models

Applies to orders placed up to and including 31 December 2010

Vehicles arriving in the UK before 14 December must be delivered to the customer in 2010

Cars arriving in the UK prior to 14 December but registered after 31 December will not qualify for the additional VAT support

All vehicles landing in the UK before 31 December must be registered by 14 January

Exclusions

Fabia vRS

Vehicles detagged after 31 December 2010

VAT price protection on all models

Because 2010 has been such a successful year so far, lead times on popular models have been extended. We are looking at this problem and are confident that the situation will improve over the next few weeks.

So that you can sell with confidence, we will protect retail customer orders placed by 30 September 2010 from the 2.5 per cent increase in VAT, if the car cannot be delivered to the customer by 31 December 2010.

Terms and conditions on VAT price protection

All models qualify

Applies to orders taken by 30 September 2010

Order types 0 and 1 only

Car must be registered and handed over (sold) in SLi wthin 14 days of landing in the UK

All cars meeting the above criteria will receive an additional bonus of 2.1 per cent to cover the cost of the VAT increase

Vehicles arriving in the UK before 14 December must be registered and sold before 31 December. Cars arriving in the UK before this date but registered in January will not qualify for the additional VAT support

Exclusions

Cars detagged after 1 January 2011

Any car not meeting the above criteria

Orders placed from 1 October 2010 onwards

Any customer order placed from 1 October 2010 onwards will not be protected from the VAT rise.

It is therefore the responsibility of the selling retailer to ensure that the customer is aware that any factory order placed after 30 September cannot be guarateed to be delivered in 2010 and should be sold to the customer at the higher rate of VAT. Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models will still qualify for the 17.5 per cent support rate

Exclusions

Any customer order placed from 1 October 2010 onwards will not be protected from the VAT rise.

It is therefore the responsibility of the selling retailer to ensure that the customer is aware that any factory order placed after 30 September cannot be guarateed to be delivered in 2010 and should be sold to the customer at the higher rate of VAT. Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models will still qualify for the 17.5 per cent support rate.

Hope this helps.

Terms and conditions

Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models

Applies to orders placed up to and including 31 December 2010

Vehicles arriving in the UK before 14 December must be delivered to the customer in 2010

Cars arriving in the UK prior to 14 December but registered after 31 December will not qualify for the additional VAT support

All vehicles landing in the UK before 31 December must be registered by 14 January

Exclusions

Fabia vRS

Vehicles detagged after 31 December 2010

VAT price protection on all models

Because 2010 has been such a successful year so far, lead times on popular models have been extended. We are looking at this problem and are confident that the situation will improve over the next few weeks.

So that you can sell with confidence, we will protect retail customer orders placed by 30 September 2010 from the 2.5 per cent increase in VAT, if the car cannot be delivered to the customer by 31 December 2010.

Terms and conditions on VAT price protection

All models qualify

Applies to orders taken by 30 September 2010

Order types 0 and 1 only

Car must be registered and handed over (sold) in SLi wthin 14 days of landing in the UK

All cars meeting the above criteria will receive an additional bonus of 2.1 per cent to cover the cost of the VAT increase

Vehicles arriving in the UK before 14 December must be registered and sold before 31 December. Cars arriving in the UK before this date but registered in January will not qualify for the additional VAT support

Exclusions

It is therefore the responsibility of the selling retailer to ensure that the customer is aware that any factory order placed after 30 September cannot be guarateed to be delivered in 2010 and should be sold to the customer at the higher rate of VAT. Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models will still qualify for the 17.5 per cent support rate

Exclusions

It is therefore the responsibility of the selling retailer to ensure that the customer is aware that any factory order placed after 30 September cannot be guarateed to be delivered in 2010 and should be sold to the customer at the higher rate of VAT. Fabia, Roomster and Octavia models will still qualify for the 17.5 per cent support rate.

Hi Jon 172,

Many thanks for your detailed reply.

Already i feel more confident to place my order & guess i will do tomorrow.

Its a shame that the guys selling these motors don't know the full terms and conditions.

• 2 months later...

Why does the Skoda site state that as long as the order is made before the end of 2010 then no VAT is payable?

Wouldn't there be an extra 2.5% payable if the car arrives in 2011 as the 'Price Protection' finished 30th September ?

I suggest you speak to the dealer and get him/her to commit in writing to what is agreed. This is what I did for my VRS Octy ordered back in June and still not built. But I am happy now as I know where I stand for whenever the vehicle is ready for delivery (2010 or 2011).

I suggest you speak to the dealer and get him/her to commit in writing to what is agreed. This is what I did for my VRS Octy ordered back in June and still not built. But I am happy now as I know where I stand for whenever the vehicle is ready for delivery (2010 or 2011).

The trouble is that different dealers give different answers as most of them don't seem to know what they're on about. Suppose they just tell people what they want to hear as they are sales people after all.

Skoda have already said that the VAT free offer is going to continue, and that those cars ordered now will still be the same price in 2011 as they are now in 2010.

VAT free is a bit of a misnomer, as VAT is always payable. What they have done is to reduce the car by 17.5%, and it will in effect be reduced by 20% in 2011.

The VAT thing is a red herring because as mannyo points out, it is just a reduced price on offer. If the price is committed in writing by the dealer (on the sales form) and in e mail, for example, the buyer will be in a strong position should there be a dispute in the future. That's all you can do.