Sun screen issue

Asterion

I would like to leave the sun screen (below the panoramic sliding roof) stay fully open most of the time but for some reason the screen shuts itself during the nights. :wonder: I start every morning my way to work by opening the sun screen. A small thing for sure, but kind of annoying and this unnecessary opening-closing routine also wears out the sun shade mechanism in a long run I am sure. Especially when the winter comes, I wouldn't like to have these little servo motors of the sun shade running unnecessarily when there is -40C (-40F) out there. :D

When leaving work the sun shade is still open (after 8-10 hours), but in the morning it will be closed again (no matter if it has rained or not). :doh:

Edited by Asterion

Im pretty sure I read this in the owners manual that if you leave anything open, windows or sunblind/roof for 12 hours, it will automatically close. I could be wrong but pretty sure it is that unless someone tells you otherwise but its in the manual.

;)

Edited by redandwhitepauly

It annoys me(just slightly!) and I did put a post in The VCDS forum about it,as yet know one knows.

When i get chance I'll have a look through the various modules on VCDS and see if it can be cancelled.

Apparently it has nothing to do with the rain sensor - the latter needs to be triggered to close the windows and the glass part of the sunroof - ie when it rains. The internal blind closes when the temperature drops below a certain level to keep the car warm! As if a little blind will add much to the heat lost through the sunroof glass! emoticon-0145-shake.gif I will also want this disabled so carisbrook I hope you find an answer!

Edited by 900000

The internal blind closes when the temperature drops below a certain level to keep the car warm! As if a little blind will add much to the heat lost through the sunroof glass! emoticon-0145-shake.gif I will also want this disabled so carisbrook I hope you find an answer!

Thanks 900000, has this relation between the sun shade and a temperature been described somewhere in the owner's manual?

Automation makes sense when it deals with something that machine can do better than a man. EPS, ABS etc are good examples of those. However, I don't appreciate that somebody has designed these kind of "Convenience operations" which I don't have any control over. :wonder:

It is OK that some smart Skoda engineer has had an idea to add this kind of functionality in the car, but at the same time he should have added an option in the MaxiDot to disable this functionality! It would have taken only couple of lines of code.

What is the next hidded "Convenience operation" I will discover in my Yeti....maybe the computer (the descendent of HAL 9000 :smirk: ) stops the car after every 60min run when it is dark enough, so I have to have a break and not to fall asleep....hmmmm....even this option would make more sense than this compulsory sun shade closing when some arbitrary temperature has been reached.

Still love my amazing Yeti, just wondering about these litte quirks I lately have found in our beast. B)

Thanks 900000, has this relation between the sun shade and a temperature been described somewhere in the owner's manual?

Not as far as I am aware. It was only described in this very forum by someone. Might have been aerofurb, I can't remember sorry.

Have you unticked the Rain Close box in the Maxi-Dot menu? If I do this on my car, windows won't close and nether will the roof/sunblind..

:thumbup:

Haven't tried that yet because I like this automatic rain close function of the sunroof and windows, so if unticking this is the only option to disable the automatic closing of the sun shade, then this is unfortunatelly not an option :doh:

OK, let's add to the confusion.

I have the 'auto close' on, as I like to park the car during the sunny with the sunroof slightly open (as this keeps the interior much cooler) but if it rains, it senses this and closes.

If I have the blind back (sunroof closed) and park the car outside overnight, the blind closes. If I park it in the garage, the blind is still open the following morning, so I'm thinking this has got to be temperature based.

OK, let's add to the confusion.

I have the 'auto close' on, as I like to park the car during the sunny with the sunroof slightly open (as this keeps the interior much cooler) but if it rains, it senses this and closes.

If I have the blind back (sunroof closed) and park the car outside overnight, the blind closes. If I park it in the garage, the blind is still open the following morning, so I'm thinking this has got to be temperature based.

I too like the autoclose function on a sunny day and the overnight close is to stop condensation on the glass roof which (theoretically) could drip into the car.

Its a one push to open in the morning so not much a chore, (although I recal someone on this forum was opening the blind by keeping their finger on the button) :(

Its a one push to open in the morning so not much a chore, (although I recal someone on this forum was opening the blind by keeping their finger on the button) :(

Yes, until I discovered the one-touch opening, I found this self-closing thing a real pain. Now I'm just used to it being one of the things I do when I get in the car. I would still prefer to have the choice whether it auto-closed or not. Can't say I've ever seen a condensation problem on previous sunroofs though.

Edited by tarbat