Had my Fabia Tinted yesterday by "The Tinter" from Leicester

Josh_PoloGTi

I'm very impressed!

I went for a darker rear screen (35%) and fairly light sides (50%).

Before anyone harks up about tints before the B Pillar being illegal. I know, so you don't have to tell me! (so many do-gooders on this forum! :finger: lol)

Anyway, here are my photos from yesterday:

DSCF1362.jpg

This is why I love AND hate living out in the Peak District!

DSCF1367.jpg

My rear screen - 35% Tint

DSCF1370.jpg

The art of cutting the tint to shape...

DSCF1371.jpg

...and sticking it in place!

DSCF1374.jpg

Pre-Shrinking Gary's rear screen tint after cutting to fit (this is done on the outside, before being stuck to the inside of the window).

DSCF1379.jpg

Gary's rear screen finished!

DSCF1381.jpg

Gary's dirty, but tinted car!

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1392.jpg

DSCF1393.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

DSCF1399.jpg

I'll take some pics in the daylight today!

Let me know what you think!

I haven't had any problems with the plod yet and mine have been tinted for a year now. I do only have 3 tinted windows at the present moment though after having one smashed last month. Gonna replace the front tints with tinted Supaglass.

Those tints look good on the silver Josh and as usual you have got some great pics. :thumbup:

Josh? What % tints are on the front. And is the windscreen done as well? Or is that a trick of the light making it look black too? I'm thinking of getting my fronts done to match as well as possible the rear ones. :D

BTW - off topic a little bit - You've removed the Skoda emblem off the boot? How? :confused: Was that a major fill and touch up job? And I see there's silver door handle covers too! nice one! :D:thumbup: (from I "think" the first person to try those covers on a silver car)

BTW - off topic a little bit - You've removed the Skoda emblem off the boot? How? :confused: Was that a major fill and touch up job? And I see there's silver door handle covers too! nice one! :D:thumbup: (from I "think" the first person to try those covers on a silver car)

Jason... the VRS badge covers the holes from the skoda badge

Before anyone harks up about tints before the B Pillar being illegal. I know, so you don't have to tell me! (so many do-gooders on this forum! :finger: lol)
Tints before the B pillar are not illegal, Joss, since most if not all Skodas come with tinted glass as standard - but perhaps you meant that yours are now. Whichever, you should notify your insurers of the mod.

And this is a copy of the leaflet you will be given if pulled...

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/publications/tinted%20windows%20information.pdf

I think that explains it Jason :P

And he took the Skoda badge off the back which leaves two holes' date=' these are covered up by a small vRS badge.[/quote']

:P to Ross. I thought was just on the back sides... *pardon the expression. 50% refers to the amount of light that comes through isn't it... Right. I think I already have something stupid on the back like 20% tint as from the outside you've not got a chance in hell of seeing anything on the back seat / in the boot. :D Just a question of getting something lighter, but still matches the heavy tint on the back...

Thanks for the badge prompt... I kind of suddenly realised that after looking at the piccie for a couple of minutes. I initally thought the badge was higher up. :o