2011 model year factory bluetooth and Iphone

I have just taken delivery of a new 60 plate VRS.

Factory fir bluetooth works great with nokia X6 using rsap but will not even find iphones, i have tried with two different 3GS but no luck, i thought this problem was meant to be sorted out on the latest generation on bluetooth module?

Anyone else tried and found a solution?

Make the Skoda Bluetooth discoverable

Search for it with iPhone

Enter code displayed on maxidot into iPhone when prompted

Rest of setup is done through maxidot and is just a case of accepting phone name, importing phone book, etc

IPhone will then connect automatically.

If you are using 2 phones you can switch when one is connected by scrolling through menu, select Bluetooth, User and then choose your other phone and hit connect.

The other reps that I work with have all got 10 plate Octavia's fitted with Bluetooth and when they picked up the cars, they were told "we hope your business phones are not iphones as they are not compatible".

Strangely Austin Martin DB9's are also not compatible with iphone's.

Edited by gwyn

Very strange.

I have a week old l&k and was very worried when I ordered in may as at that time the 3GS did not work.

Ordered it with Bluetooth as I did not want to mess around with installing 3rd party units.

As soon as I got in the ca, the dealer showed me what to do. At first it did not seem to work (using maxidot) so i tried it from the phone (to search) and it worked straight away. No problems.

The only thing that does not work is the presets. You can set them using the phone memory, but they keep getting lost, so I have manually entered the 5 numbers manually.

Are you using os4??

Good luck.

Thanks everyone.

All working now, did as you guys said and made phone search for the car, connected easy enough then, now got 2 iphones and a nokia x6 connected.

Shame iphone doesnt support Rsap though, signal is great when connected to nokia using Rsap.

Guys, how do I make the Skoda discoverable? I have a May 2010 FL vRS with the factory fitted Bluetooth and am trying to connect it to my iPhone 3GS with os4. I can'f find any setting that would allow me to set discoverable.

Thanks.

My desire will not connect to the bluetooth as it does not have rsap, I've been lead to believe this can be solved by routing the phone (but at the cost of my warrenty on the phone). I have not tried searching for the car on the phone (to be fair I didn't even think about this one) I will give it a go and see if that works.

My old HTC HD2 worked fine and it is a really good piece of kit, its just a shame more phones are not rsap