Manual wheelchair in a Yeti boot

Fred_Bristol

Hi

A relative has asked if an adult folding manual wheelchair will fit in the boot of a Yeti.

Has anybody tried this?

Two possibilities, with and without spare wheel.

I will have a spare wheel.

Thanks.

Fred

Fred,

It is tight but we can get mrs soccerc's wheelchair flat into the boot with the spare provided we fold the handles down too.

Fred,

It is tight but we can get mrs soccerc's wheelchair flat into the boot with the spare provided we fold the handles down too.

Thanks for your reply.

I think my relative was thinking of putting it in upright from what she said. Have you tried that as well?

Thanks for your reply.

I think my relative was thinking of putting it in upright from what she said. Have you tried that as well?

Yes, we tried that too but you will need to remove the parcel shelf

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a disabled friend and I have the spare wheel option

He has a lightweight chair and it is a tight fit and usually if I pick him up I take out the parcel shelf---simples!

Edited by yetiscot

It all depends on the chair.

The short, and probably best, answer is to try and put the actual chair in the boot.

Trying to figure it out from chair dimensions etc is virtually impossible.

However...

The budget chairs with half folding backrest will fit laying down but will take up the majority of the boot space.

They'll also fit, as said above, standing up but with the parcel shelf removed and one of the seats pushed right forward and backrest upright.

I have a kuschall compact (QR wheels, armrests and back folds from seat base) and I can get that upright in the boot but upside down so the front castors are at the bottom and facing the seats.