Poor FM reception - Anyone else?

My childish shark fin works just fine thanks. ;)

Form and function all accounted for :D

Oh, and no signal booster required in mine either.

To the OP has the aerial plug come adrift at the

rear of the OE unit, If it was refitted hastily it may

not be plugged in properly. Have you popped it out to have a look.

It only sits on a 1cm protruding connector rather than plugs right in.

I had to use an female to male adaptor before I could fit my xplod.

I taped it onto the female for a little extra security.

Hi,

Reception on FM (Radio one etc) is very poor. The guy who owned the car before me had a sound system in it. He removed it before selling...

Could this be one of the reasons why it is pretty terrible?? Or is this standard?

Cheers

You using a Skoda stereo ? These have aerial amps build in but if you have put an aftermarket stereo in you might need an amp. See snow_muncher's link.

My radio is TOO good in reception terms - it picks up TP announcements from 75 miles away. Why do I need Radio Shropshire alerts when commuting in Gloucester?

Yes - but it's useful for local travel information - so I don't. The one in the courtesy Yeti I've got at the moment is just as bad - but other cars have been fine - clearly a Skoda thing...

Hi,

Reception on FM (Radio one etc) is very poor. The guy who owned the car before me had a sound system in it. He removed it before selling...

Could this be one of the reasons why it is pretty terrible?? Or is this standard?

Cheers

I have the same problem. All other radio stations on FM are fine, but on Radio one all I can hear is this bloody banging sound...... oh wait no it's meant to sound like that.

Edited by 2SkodaFamily