DELIVERY DATES

Maybe we should have a support group for all pending Skoda owners whose deliveries keep getting put back, where we all sit around in a circle and admit our woes to get them out of our system.

Ordered my Octavia Scout 2.0CR 14.09 with some extras like xenons, cruise-control, sunset, MDI, bluetooth handsfree, soundsystem, spare-wheel etc. Dealer told me expected delivery was mid of December. Today dealer tells me that the car has been produced and is shipped. Apparently by train...I am therefore hopeful that it will be delivered quite soon.

6 MONTHS DELIVERY FOR NEW OCTAVIAS!!!!

That's about right now. I ordered a 1.6CR Elegance Estate (manual) in May, and it finally arrived in late August. However, I declined to take delivery because we were towing in September, and this would not have allowed enough time to get some miles on the clock. I collected it 2 weeks ago. In the meantime I had to renew the tax disc, which the dealer refunded. It was due its second variable service in 400 miles when it went in, and I would certainly have been chasing them for this if the new one had not been ready. It sounds as though I was lucky, but perhaps this was because I was happy to accept any of 3 colours.

When I collected the dealer said that there was a backlog of 14,500 cars, and 5 months was now the norm. (Sounds as though it's got even worse since then.)

Hi Guys - a Newbie here

Ordered Petrol 1.4 TSI Elegance Estate ( + Metallic Storm Blue, + 4 spoke s/wheel with Maxidot, + Elec. adjustable heated wing mirrors, + space saver spare wheel) on 15th Sept 2010.

Dealer has just emailed me to say assigned build week is 48 - but adds "... I believe this is due to change; will keep you posted."

Delivery dates are very long for the Octavia, and across many other cars in the VAG group (have confirmed with a friend that works in the car dealer industry).

I ordered my Octavia Estate 4x4 at the end of March, and took delivery last week. The wait was frustrating, but am really happy with my first Skoda.

I've got a Mark IV Golf GTI that I've passed onto my wife, and the Octy 4x4 feels virtually as quick but much more roomy and comfy. The 4x4 works as well - tested it by driving up a steep pebbled driveway (my Golf would just wheelspin cause the weight was not on the drive wheels).

The £300ish compensation (for cars delayed beyond 16 weeks from order to delivery) is now being handled by dealers rather than Skoda UK, and they give you options as to how you want to take it, e.g. M&S vouchers (£300), dealer-fit accessories, vouchers towards servicing costs.

I've gone for one dealer fit accessory (metal door sill covers) and my first service free.

Andy

I ordered a 1.6 TDI Elegance Estate back in July and am still waiting, all the dealer will tell me is late oct early nov

after ringing again for an update am now told end of november!