faulty vrs seats ireland

Hi Folks,

any irish owners of the facelifted octavia II VRS on here?

had mine in the dealers last week tocheck out the drivers seat,

side bolster has collapsed as have many in the UK(so it seems from the posts here)

anyone else seeing this?

I have found that the drivers seat in my FL VRS MK2 has become uncomfortable, it doesn't have anything to do with the failing bolster's, but the RHS digs into my side where the plastic surround is higher, has anyone else experienced this? :S

Edited by davepud

I went to the dealers yesterday as I have noticed the right side bolster (drivers seat) digging in to my side a little more recently.

Just above lumbar support knob you can feel a corner of something in the seat. Has not collapsed but I have a feeling it might if it was left without investigation.

Dealer has agreed it does not feel right and will strip the seat down next Wednesday (2/3 days without the car) :(

Dealer has only ordered in a Foam back piece,,say they have heard no similar reports over here.

not hoping for this to do much,,anybody have anything in writing from skods uk or their garage to

confirm its the airbag that is causing the fault?

This happened mine before, http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/115478-lumbar-support-broken/page__p__1451165__hl__seat%20bolster__fromsearch__1entry1451165

It's bascially at the lower back of the seat. Imagine a piece of paper and when the 2 edges are closed together they create a hump....well thats your lumbar.

I find a very poor lumbar mechanism on the Octy, tbh it's virtually nothing.

Edited by GAFF