Tall guys driving Fabia vRS'

Glanzbo

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a new car and have been half considering a Fabia vRS as I have always liked them, just wondering does anyone find them a bit cramped or anything? I've driven normal Fabia's and from what I can remember they are a little cramped but it's been a good 3 years since I was last in one, I live in Ireland so I can't really test drive one as there are so few vRS' here.

I am only about 6.1ish but I am long in the leg so know if the car feels cramped I'll get ****ed off with it fairly quickly.

What are your opinions on this guys? I have also been looking at GT TDI 150's but the Fabia's seem much better value and I like the quirky looks.

Also is there anything I should be looking out for? I'll probably be after an 04/05 model with sub 70k on it.

Thanks in advance Rob.

At 6.2 - 6.3 I never found it a problem to drive really. That said, passenger space behind me wasn't too good and I found it pretty bad on longer journeys, although it was one of the better long distance cars I've been in.

Welcome - I'm only 1.73m but drive with the seat and the wheel raised to maximum - it goes up and down over a reasonable distance. I have it about half way along the travel - towards the back there'd be little legroom for those in the back (13cm edge of seat to seatback). When in that state I can only push the clutch down 5cm...

At 6.2 - 6.3 I never found it a problem to drive really. That said, passenger space behind me wasn't too good and I found it pretty bad on longer journeys, although it was one of the better long distance cars I've been in.

Thanks for the reply guys,

When you say "pretty bad on longer journeys" d'you mind me asking what you mean? Also forgot to say not really concerned with rear legroom.

Thanks Rob.

Thanks for the reply guys,

When you say "pretty bad on longer journeys" d'you mind me asking what you mean? Also forgot to say not really concerned with rear legroom.

Thanks Rob.

Think this is more me than the car really (only one it's not been an issue with is a mkII Focus with much deeper seats). In the small of my back, just under the base of the ribcage but on by my spine, the muscles there get really painful. I usually need to stop and stretch after about 60-70minutes in my current car, could go for more than 2hours in the Fabia I'd guess. I think if the seats had better lumbar support it wouldn't be as bad, but I could usually fit a balled fist behind my back and the seat when sitting normally.

I think it's a combination of biking incidents and something the doctor said when I was born - something to do with extra back muscles (I think, parent's never really tell me). To put it into perspective, I cannot lie on my front at all, it's just too painful.

None of my passengers ever had issues beyound the usual staying in the same position for too long type cramp.

Hope that helps,

Joe.

Edited by TriggerFish

Think this is more me than the car really (only one it's not been an issue with is a mkII Focus with much deeper seats). In the small of my back, just under the base of the ribcage but on by my spine, the muscles there get really painful. I usually need to stop and stretch after about 60-70minutes in my current car, could go for more than 2hours in the Fabia I'd guess. I think if the seats had better lumbar support it wouldn't be as bad, but I could usually fit a balled fist behind my back and the seat when sitting normally.

I think it's a combination of biking incidents and something the doctor said when I was born - something to do with extra back muscles (I think, parent's never really tell me). To put it into perspective, I cannot lie on my front at all, it's just too painful.

None of my passengers ever had issues beyound the usual staying in the same position for too long type cramp.

Hope that helps,

Joe.

Cool sounds like you've more problems then the car Joe lol. No seriously thanks though just wanted to get a better thanks again Rob.

You'll find plenty of legroom with the seat cranked down to minimum and right back on the rail. Like me, you'll most likely need to put the rake of the steering wheel right down as well to maintain a decent driving position. :)

6'7 and it was fine for me emoticon-0148-yes.gif

You're 6ft 7in? How in hell did you manage with a Clio?! :rofl::o

I'm 6ft 2in and long-legged, and it's never been a problem (unless there's been folk sitting behind me...get a Superb for that!). In fact, I bought my first Fabia after discovering it was a lot less cramped than my mum's Peugeot 206 that I was learning in. The Fabia had much more of a 'big car' feel in a 'little car' body.

Compared to a lot of cars in this size segment, I find the Fabia to be very good on long journeys. Plenty of scope for seat and steering adjustment, plenty of head and legroom, and in the case of the vRS and even my 1.9TDi 100bhp, plenty of poke for motorway driving. Can you tell I like them? :giggle:

As it happens, in about 7 hours I'm driving from Glasgow to Leicestershire, and I have no worries about being cramped or uncomfortable.

Go for it :thumbup:

Andrew

Edited by Leodhasach

Depends how you are going to use the car. I'm 6'5" and in normal everyday use I didn't have a problem. The two types of driving that do give problems:

i) Rear seat passengers. They do tend to moan. I did manage to trap one in totally with their feet stuck under the drivers seat...

ii) Carrying large amounts in the boot. If you just drop the seat backs they don't lie flat. If you flip the seat bases to get a flat load area you can't have the drivers seat very far back and end up driving with your knees around your ears.:rofl:

ii) Carrying large amounts in the boot. If you just drop the seat backs they don't lie flat. If you flip the seat bases to get a flat load area you can't have the drivers seat very far back and end up driving with your knees around your ears.:rofl:

Just remove the bottom part of the seat and you have a flat floor really easy

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a new car and have been half considering a Fabia vRS as I have always liked them, just wondering does anyone find them a bit cramped or anything? I've driven normal Fabia's and from what I can remember they are a little cramped but it's been a good 3 years since I was last in one, I live in Ireland so I can't really test drive one as there are so few vRS' here.

I am only about 6.1ish but I am long in the leg so know if the car feels cramped I'll get ****ed off with it fairly quickly.

What are your opinions on this guys? I have also been looking at GT TDI 150's but the Fabia's seem much better value and I like the quirky looks.

Also is there anything I should be looking out for? I'll probably be after an 04/05 model with sub 70k on it.

Thanks in advance Rob.

Both myself and wife are 6ft. The wife has very very long legs and has to push the seat back some way....

Car has never felt cramped. Its a small car with a big car feel