Yetis and motorsport.

Jock

Well what a great car to go rally spectating in.

Drove down from Yorkshire to Wales, still running in, so taking it easy but what a treat. Smooth, quiet, handled well .... I could go on with many other superlatives. Suffice to say I was a happy bunny.

I travelled Motorway, A, B, C roads and forest tracks all without incident.

Coming back there was heavy rain and lots of surface water to catch out the unwary. The Yeti felt sure footed and safe.

Only complaints were that with the raised floor, for the spare wheel, I couldn't accommodate my large cool box and the passenger seat wasn't the most comfortable for sleeping on.

Here are a few pics

5183159588_401c86825c_z.jpg

5183159862_edd03413c5_z.jpg

5182562213_ff4f4e7a54_z.jpg

5183160526_57de68c618_z.jpg

5183160842_f8c107c219_z.jpg

And lastly breakfast is about to be served

5183161394_a292ca8253_z.jpg

All clean and sparkling once again now we're home.

The daylight images are Myherin the track up to junction 13.

The breakfast image was the tarmac road leading up to Dixies on Halfway. I actually walked onto the Four Ways Crychan stage to spectate (Burma Road and Steps) sections if you know them.

An illustration of how good the Yeti is to drive was that having slept in the car overnight and then driven for four hours in appalling weather, as I got near to the end of the journey I was looking for ways to take a detour in order to drive some more.

Now there aren't many cars I can say that about.emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 2 years later...

I thought I'd resurrect this thread having met up with so many discerning folk from the world of the Yeti over the last 6 months who use their pride & joy in a motorsport connection.

Plenty of Radio Operators out there with Yetis, others have taken part in track days, what are you up to?

Please add to the list if you are involved in motorsport.

My Yeti is Safety Car ay Aintree, and in last few months I've used it whilst marshalling on the Mull Rally, Tour of Cheshire, North West Stages & on 24th Mar it'll be SMC Stages at Weeton. (John H)

Plenty of Radio Operators out there with Yetis, others have taken part in track days, what are you up to?

Please add to the list if you are involved in motorsport.

My Yeti is currently the fastest Skoda round the Bedford Aerodrome "How Fast?" circuit. :)

Yet another one - Marches 6.

I'm part of the small stage team of http://www.marches4x4.com/ , do stage radio in south/mid Wales/timing/sector marshal on WRGB/stage commander on last years WRGB at Celtic Manor, and more recently ran a stage on the Wyedean last month.

Also part of a team on a rally testing area in s Wales, been involved with filming with Sky/ Top Gear etc.

Currently using the Yeti as the little SJ is in my garage awaiting warmer weather to repair some cosmetic paint work - since last September it's been too wet/cold/windy to do any paint work outside :wall:

I can sometimes be found around Yorkshire or in Scotland accompanying my Yeti on rallies - as MSA Safety Radio usually - call sign Border 6 (or Border / Tartan Control).

In my youth I engaged in a bit of sport in my car, but SWMBO says she's too old for the Yeti's back seat :giggle:

• Like 2

Still..........brewing........Bob.................... :rofl: Good to have Bob feeling at home again