Purchase deals

Thanks for the continued replies.

I've told the dealer how it is... that the brokers can offer £3,000 to £3,500 off the price of the car. The dealer is doing well so far, he's shaved £2,250 off the price and the APR is better than the brokers, but now I'm being told there is no way they can match the broker, even though they "really want to have my order"...!

Here's some of the info they've offered so far...

"the reason they can give you more off the car than me is because they get an additional amount of ‘support’ from Skoda that we don’t.

They then use some of this and add it to our discount to offer you the £3000-3500 saving off list.

Whilst I am equally as keen to secure your order, I have to be honest and say I will never be able to give that level of discount as we simply don’t have the margin to do it.

The VAT protection offer (worth some £554.79) is only available to RETAIL orders - any car supplied to a broker by a Skoda dealer would be an AGENCY order, and as such would be subject to the prevailing rate of VAT at the time of delivery."

Question is, how far do I push it. I mean, it's been made clear that the VAT will only be honoured at 17.5% until tomorrow... the extra 2.5% adds around £600 to the car... so the dealer knows that this is at stake.

GAP insurance has been suggested, although I'm not sure of the actual cost as yet... I was also thinking of pushing for mats, servicing... and of course... an umbrella...!!!

Would welcome a bit of guidance here :)

Edited by Superbalicious

Thanks for the continued replies.

I've told the dealer how it is... that the brokers can offer £3,000 to £3,500 off the price of the car. The dealer is doing well so far, he's shaved £2,250 off the price and the APR is better than the brokers, but now I'm being told there is no way they can match the broker, even though they "really want to have my order"...!

Here's some of the info they've offered so far...

"the reason they can give you more off the car than me is because they get an additional amount of ‘support’ from Skoda that we don’t.

They then use some of this and add it to our discount to offer you the £3000-3500 saving off list.

Whilst I am equally as keen to secure your order, I have to be honest and say I will never be able to give that level of discount as we simply don’t have the margin to do it.

The VAT protection offer (worth some £554.79) is only available to RETAIL orders - any car supplied to a broker by a Skoda dealer would be an AGENCY order, and as such would be subject to the prevailing rate of VAT at the time of delivery."

Question is, how far do I push it. I mean, it's been made clear that the VAT will only be honoured at 17.5% until tomorrow... the extra 2.5% adds around £600 to the car... so the dealer knows that this is at stake.

GAP insurance has been suggested, although I'm not sure of the actual cost as yet... I was also thinking of pushing for mats, servicing... and of course... an umbrella...!!!

Would welcome a bit of guidance here :)

I always ask for 1 offer.. and make it clear you want 1 price.. that they cannot deviate from. You'll either say yes or no.. it puts them in a quandary and you either take it or walk away.. either way you'll either get the deal or not..

Hmm, if I had a little more time, then yes, that's the approach I'd look to take with a number of dealers, one call, one price, the cheapest get's the order. But then if I am to get this sorted before the VAT deadline, which a number of others on here have confirmed as being the end of this month.

Oh what fun...!

For me personally, the pre-registered route holds no disadvantages, other than the slight risk of the initial company going to the wall within those 6 months - although as one receives a full invoice of purchase, I am not convinced that this is indeed a risk.

I keep my cars for 10 years and will do the same with the Superb, so any hit on resale will be minimal. Indeed I gift my old cars to a friend, who is already looking forward to our Superb in 2020, so it will have no impact whatsoever.

As regards your purchase, I would take the cheapest option, where this is reasonably significant, between online dealers (e.g. Broadspeed and DriveTheDeal) and the local dealers. You will have to calculate the overall cost, allowing for the dealer's better finance rates. If there is little difference in cost between them, then I would personally support your local dealer. In my case, the difference was £2k, so I had no qualms going down the online route - although we did purchase our Octavia through the dealer this summer.

Good luck!

Are people really that naive?

Pre reg can save around £1K - £1.5K , no car with one less owner is worth that much more.If the 1st registered keeper was a car rental company then I would steer well clear of it when buying second hand, most people who are given a company car don't hammer it everywhere, some even look after them as if they owned the car.

I dont think its a case of naivety its just a fact , if you have a choice of two cars both identical in every way but one has an extra owner and that owner was a fleet company would you pay the same???

Its a fact that pre-registered/demo/loan cars are usually a lot cheaper and i'm sure as the car gets older it will make less difference but a 1yr car with two owners on the logbook will have an impact and I think it would negate any saving you would make

Its a fact that pre-registered/demo/loan cars are usually a lot cheaper and i'm sure as the car gets older it will make less difference but a 1yr car with two owners on the logbook will have an impact and I think it would negate any saving you would make

Lets be honest... if you are considering replacing the car when it is just a year old then the cars depreciation is hardly an important factor to you is it?

Most people will keep a car for 3 years, a car this age will have very little (if any) difference in price with an extra owner on the V5.

Personally I would view both cars and pick the one that was in this order:

1/ In better condition

2/ Lower mileage

3/ Was newer

4/ Had the most service history / receipts / records.

5/ Then the fewest owners.

For ME, the number of owners is pretty unimportant (providing they have not gone through quite a few in a short period of time - pointing to a potentially problematic car, but points 1-4 should of brought this up anyway).

Ok... well as I didn't start this thread to talk about whether I should go down the pre-registered route, then I don't really see the relevance :p

Well wasnt discussing that with you!! You asked about purchase deals , information was discussed and others may well read it to make their own mind up they should have as much information as possible to consider the big picture.

If you dont get the deal you want try another dealer !!

i managed £2700.00 without out really trying

heres the deal i got

but didnt order as went down the lease route in the end

ive took off details as it contained personel info

NEW VEHICLE QUOTATION SKODA

Model SUPERB 2.0TDi 140 ELEGANCE ESTATE

CO2 g'km D145

Company Basic Price £19,736.17

Contact

Tel No Factory Options £1,548.93

Fax No

Email

End User Sub Total £21,285.10

Order No

Body Colour/Code METALLIC PAINT Less Allowance

Trim Colour/Code LEATHER 11.16 £2,374.57

Engine cc/Fuel Type 1968cc / DIESEL £-

Transmission MANUAL

Sub Total £18,910.53

Factory Fitted Options Required £ Accessories £-

METALLIC PAINT £348.94

ELECTRIC BOOT £425.53

PARK ASSIST £361.70

SUNSET GLASS £178.72

MDI £131.91

FLOOR MATS £46.81

SPARE WHEEL £55.32

Total £1,548.93

Dealer Fitted Options Required £ PDI & Plates £425.53

Sub Total £19,336.06

£ Vat @ 17.5% £3,383.81

£ Total Incl VAT £22,719.88

£ RFL £125.00

£ 1st Reg Fee £55.00

£- On The Road Price £22,899.88

£ Less P/x Allowance £-

£ Plus HP Settlement £-

Total £- FINAL BALANCE £22,899.88

P11D Value £25,509.99

Prepared by: Date: 29TH JULY 2010

Valid For: 14 Days Approx Delivery: T B C

Price is subject to manufacturers change and is charged at 17.5% VAT

Andy

Finally got my Superb on wednesday . The deal was done by Broadspeed and was to be a pre reg for the best discount and l had

waited since the end of March for it . The company who was pre regging sent me an invoice for the amount when l rang them up l was to be the first owner

so it's not a pre reg . My dealing with Broadspeed was'nt a happy one - they don't keep in touch with you and when they said they had a buyer for my former car

they was going to charge me £399. for their help .

So here's the bargain I got - Superb Elegance estate 170 4x4 with pam roof , park assist , heated screen and nozzles , hill hold , auto dipping mirror ,

spare wheel , sunset glass , met paint , floor mats and variable boot floor - total price £28795 , l paid £25271 with 12 months tax and remember l'm the

first owner

Next time l'll use the firm who actually got the car for me directly , they was really helpful ( l'm not conected to them in any way ) they are called CFL based in

Kidderminster tel.01562 825500