54 plate 10k & cupra air intake

Hicksy

Yes another post about someone's first service!!!!

Yesterday fitted my PD160 air intake after having it for god know's how long, I thought I'd give it a go at fitting it myself (yes I really am that C**P when it comes to cars and anything technical!) Anyway fitted it and was proud to have grime under my finger nails :cool:

Can notice the difference already, totally loving it :thumbup::D :P

Service was today and had been quoted at the desk for a 10k service...

I'd say sorry the price you quote is the price you are oblidged to stick to unless you call me prior to the work being carried out.0 Its not your fault 'if' they mis quoted you, thats down to the staff.

And BTW the screenwash for the fan jet washers isnt that expensive, but it is a recommened concentrate to stop blocking up the jets.

And has you car done 10,000 miles and is under a year old? The what you should have had done is a 10K lube service with a labour time of 0.7 hours.

In terms of screenwash, I purchased two bottles before crimbo to fill up the furby before my travels down France.

Although I obtained 2 lots of 500ml bottles, invoice says

Part Number    Description   Bin         Qty     List     Value
---------------------------------------------------------------
096VAG221      SCREENWASH    2244        1.00    1.69     1.69

Subtotal          1.69
				Tax               0.30
				Total             1.99

Guess the qty of 1.00 is for 1 litre which ends up being two bottles :confused: Or did I just pay for one but obtained two?

1 capfull every time you top up the washers is all you need and it will last for ages. Much better than the usual supermarket / Halfords stuff.

Is that all you need to put in? as it doesn't actually say on the bottle.

It's all i usually put in' date=' as advised by BigK IIRC.

Put a bit extra in for winter if you like, but i can't remember mine freezing either last winter or this....so far :)[/quote']

I've been putting in a 1/4 of a bottle !

Interestingly at the service they pour as much of the bottle in as they can, which will probably make your eyes water when you clean the windscreen ;) As it's concentrate all you need is a capful, but you can put an extra one in if you're still finding it's freezing..... :D

Chris