Reversing sensor not working

I have just purchased a octavia 2006 but on of the faults was the rear parking sensor not working.

When i engage reverse gear it makes the beeping noise for about 2 seconds and then nothing on the radio display but when i disengage reverse a car pic appear on the radio for a split second.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be?

Edited by rob octavia

bump anyone got any ideas what it could be.

where would i find the parking sensor control unit so i can check it or is there something else i can do?

I have the same problem with MY08 Octavia. The parking computer is in the trunk on the left side of the car. It is possible that the connector is faulty.

bump anyone got any ideas

I had a similar problem on my C-Max - checked all the wiring was correct and then discovered it was the reverse gear switch in the engine bay (the one that senses reverse gear has been selected and operates the reversing lights)

I had the same problem with my old X Type Jag....apparently, if one of the sensors is faulty then the whole system doesn't work. One way of checking to see if you have a faulty sensor is to put the ignition on (don't switch the engine on), then select reverse gear, then go round to each sensor and if you put your ear to each one you will hear a very faint clicking noise which will mean it works-if there's no noise then you have found the culprit. I picked up a new sensor from ebay for £20 and it was sorted. As I'm still waiting for my vRS I can't confirm that Skoda uses the same type of sensors as my old Jag did-perhaps if someone who's got one that works could test theirs to see if they click?

Good luck with it.

I had the same problem with my old X Type Jag....apparently, if one of the sensors is faulty then the whole system doesn't work. One way of checking to see if you have a faulty sensor is to put the ignition on (don't switch the engine on), then select reverse gear, then go round to each sensor and if you put your ear to each one you will hear a very faint clicking noise which will mean it works-if there's no noise then you have found the culprit. I picked up a new sensor from ebay for £20 and it was sorted. As I'm still waiting for my vRS I can't confirm that Skoda uses the same type of sensors as my old Jag did-perhaps if someone who's got one that works could test theirs to see if they click?

Good luck with it.

thanks for the advice mate i will check that later.

Hopefully, you've had a result-let us know if it works when you've changed the sensor

Best of luck mate

Nick

I will let you know going to order the new sensor on saturday so hopefully have it fitted by sunday (fingers crossed)

I will let you know going to order the new sensor on saturday so hopefully have it fitted by sunday (fingers crossed)

hi there was going to say it was a sensor too same as mine bloody things the joys eh any way i was quoted £125 ot there abouts that was painted please let me know how much your one is as i think the dealer might be pulling a fast one as the sensor only cost about £69 the rest was for painting

hi there was going to say it was a sensor too same as mine bloody things the joys eh any way i was quoted £125 ot there abouts that was painted please let me know how much your one is as i think the dealer might be pulling a fast one as the sensor only cost about £69 the rest was for painting

Thats a bit steep....have a look on ebay, here's a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-OCTAVIA-VW-REAR-PARKING-AID-SENSOR-1U0-998-275-B-/280527663588?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4150c071e4

You need to make sure they are the correct ones (there's some for £19.95 ) obviously it would be better if you took the old one off first so you can see the part number but then you might want to see the new one to see how it comes off/goes on-alternatively you might be able to see the number from underneath

Thats a bit steep....have a look on ebay, here's a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-OCTAVIA-VW-REAR-PARKING-AID-SENSOR-1U0-998-275-B-/280527663588?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4150c071e4

You need to make sure they are the correct ones (there's some for £19.95 ) obviously it would be better if you took the old one off first so you can see the part number but then you might want to see the new one to see how it comes off/goes on-alternatively you might be able to see the number from underneath

cheers for that mate will have a look the morn :thumbup::thumbup:B)

• 1 year later...

I just tried the click test because mine are playing up and all 4 do appear to be clikcing...one of them may not be clicking quite as fast as the others but that might just be my immagination?! what i am thinking of doing is removing the bumper and removing one sensor at a time from the bumper before putting car in reverse and testing the 3 remaining to see if one is faulty...does anyone know if that will/should that work?

atb

• 8 months later...