Can you get 450miles out of a tank?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best i did was the trip to nurburgring 1340miles 2 laps of the ring used 2 full tanks (vented)

around town in heavy traffic i normaly get 400miles to a vented tank but i do have a heavy foot from time to time :thumbup: im takeing my dad on a 400mile round trip to pick up a car he has bought so i will report back once done this sunday

I get at least 600 miles from a 1.4 TDI fabia 1 estate. I must admit my commute is pretty ideal, empty b-roads or free-flowing a-roads.

More to the point, how accurate is the range display on the computer? I haven't dared go below 15 miles yet.

As to the computer mpg accuracy, I reckon its 8% optimistic.

User "nelle" on spritmonitor.de gets a lot more; 1800km from 54 litres?! Thats about 94mpg. I can only imagine he drives at 40mph everywhere...

Simon

Edited by fizz

Last week with a careful right foot, I managed to get 510 miles out of my tank....a daily round trip of 118 miles with a bit of motorway driving with mainly A roads. :thumbup:

My impatience has got the better of me this week, so I think I will probably be achieving more like 450 miles from my tank!! (I blame those 50mph drivers)!! :D

Bearing in mind I usually don't let it get too empty - finding the beep below 70 annoying - with my 2004vRS the most I appear to have got on an unvented tankful is on 23 July 2008 when the interval reading was 549.2 miles at which point I got 43.21 litres in making that 57.8mpg.

Most economical top-up seems to have been on 16 August 2007 when I put in 22.63 litres after 293.4 miles making 59.0mpg - interestingly that was when I was using BP Ultimate, though during that period of several thousand miles using that fuel I had top-ups as low as 44.1mpg...

how do u fill the expansion tank??

With respect - you start by reading the beginning of this thread where the OP asked that question...

Hi guys,

good to see this thread is still going!!!! :thumbup:

I've done the venting mod. However i have a question...

When i went to fill up, i waited until the pump clicked off...is this correct??? Or should i have kept pumping the fuel until it got to the point where it would keep clicking and no-more could get in??

The reason i ask is because i was worried i would end up over-flowing the tank and having it all spill all over the place...

Also the onboard computer says i have 440 miles left once i filled up.....????

I always get 450-500 miles from a tank (not using expansion) but 95% of my driving is for work on motorway, i cruise at 70mph

Pretty much the same here. A little over £40 for every 500 miles (every week for me).

666 miles on a recent trip to the ring, and averaged over 600 miles from the ring down to switzerland and back, on UK roads I will do over 450 miles as I don't drive it like a loon - maybe nippy for a diesel but I've got my 4.2 A8 if I wanna kick any ass