Remap help

Hey guys, looking to get my vRS remapped at christmas time.

Just been quoted £299 +vat for a generic remap from star performance, and £325 for a milltek cat back system supplied and fitted. Their generic remap gives 172bhp and about 280 ft lbs of torque. I was told that the generic remap would be fine with the exhaust and a PD160 intake.

Does this seem right? Or I should maybe go somewhere like Jabbasport?

Shaun.

Get the exhaust and intake fitted first. I would have thought a custom map would be better with the upgrades. Try Jabba for a price, always worth shopping around. Oh dear your in Glasgow, that would mean a lot of travelling, try Star performance.

Yeah I thought a custom map would be more beneficial considering the mods.

I had a wee look on the Jabba site, their price is similar and so are the figures but again, thats a generic map.

Thanks Chris, going to have a wee look at Angel Tuning just now.

Thanks guys.

Get the exhaust and intake fitted first. I would have thought a custom map would be better with the upgrades. Try Jabba for a price, always worth shopping around. Oh dear your in Glasgow, that would mean a lot of travelling, try Star performance.

Im sure you could blag a custom map when buying other stuff at the same time, phone then and chat 'em up.

erm...poor (non-existant) correspondence, somewhat dodgy fitting of parts (grinding bolt heads in half to make fitting easier), telling the customer their engine was basically knackered when in reality it was the turbo they had just supplied and fitted that was at fault and then washing their hands of the whole situation when it arose that the turbo was actually properly sh*te and pretty much not fit for purpose (it was so poor that Turbo Dynamics wouldn't put it back together after inspecting it as they didn't want to be associated with it if it was refitted and used).

Upon being told that the turbo was naff they straight away suggested sending it to Turbo Dynamics to be rebuilt, when they were told it was with Turbo Dynamics and that's who'd said it was never any good they switched their stance to no longer being an ATP reseller and to go directly to them.

Let's not forget despite being told that budgets were tight and being asked not to do or fit anything without checking first they fitted a BMC CDA, forge DV and manual boost controller (wtf?) off their own backs.

But of course, if you speak to their number 1 fan they can do no wrong, I'm a liar and the above isn't true... :dull:

now, don't get me wrong; everyone is entitled to make mistakes and **** happens, but it's the complete lack of customer support and failure to stand by their work and the products they supplied and fitted that means they can go to **** themselves

erm...poor (non-existant) correspondence, somewhat dodgy fitting of parts (grinding bolt heads in half to make fitting easier), telling the customer their engine was basically knackered when in reality it was the turbo they had just supplied and fitted that was at fault and then washing their hands of the whole situation when it arose that the turbo was actually properly sh*te and pretty much not fit for purpose (it was so poor that Turbo Dynamics wouldn't put it back together after inspecting it as they didn't want to be associated with it if it was refitted and used).

Upon being told that the turbo was naff they straight away suggested sending it to Turbo Dynamics to be rebuilt, when they were told it was with Turbo Dynamics and that's who'd said it was never any good they switched their stance to no longer being an ATP reseller and to go directly to them.

Let's not forget despite being told that budgets were tight and being asked not to do or fit anything without checking first they fitted a BMC CDA, forge DV and manual boost controller (wtf?) off their own backs.

But of course, if you speak to their number 1 fan they can do no wrong, I'm a liar and the above isn't true... :dull:

now, don't get me wrong; everyone is entitled to make mistakes and **** happens, but it's the complete lack of customer support and failure to stand by their work and the products they supplied and fitted that means they can go to **** themselves

So you dont rate them then? :giggle:

Blimey O'Riley...

That is all!

Hi Shaun

We offer a remap that can deliver between 170-175hp, very good and usable power. Transforms the car and lets it rev freely unlike with the original map where it only really goes to 3.5k, and will run really nice with a new exhaust and PD160, although these are not vital to gain that amount of power, they will just help the car breathe better and get the gases away from the engine quicker.

Give us a call

Cheers, Elliott

Edited by E11HES

Hi Shaun

We offer a remap that can deliver between 170-175hp, very good and usable power. Transforms the car and lets it rev freely unlike with the original map where it only really goes to 3.5k, and will run really nice with a new exhaust and PD160, although these are not vital to gain that amount of power, they will just help the car breathe better and get the gases away from the engine quicker.

Give us a call

Cheers, Elliott

With an exhaust system fitted then a custom remap what kind of power will the car produce?

sorry dont want to hijack thiss thread, i just got my vRS on thurday. upgraded from a 1.2 ibiza mk4, as much as i love the power difference i reckon i will be after a remap in the future, but how are these car with a remap, is the standard clutch ok or are they prone to fast clutch fail? the car is a 2005 plate, 66800 miles

With an exhaust system fitted then a custom remap what kind of power will the car produce?

Hi again, The aftermarket exhaust wont directly give you more power, only maybe a couple more bhp if anything, it will purely help the car release the gases produced quicker which is better for the car. If you are adding a different exhaust the only way to get the most power from it would be adding a decat pipe as well, this is where the most restriction is.

With it being a diesel, the exhaust is mostly for sound and looks more than performance, and a decat pipe will give you the most increase in performance, but this will not be completely noticable against another fabia with the same kind of map if you get what im saying.

Ben can fill you in on exact power figures if you fancy giving us a ring.

Cheers

Edited by E11HES

sorry dont want to hijack thiss thread, i just got my vRS on thurday. upgraded from a 1.2 ibiza mk4, as much as i love the power difference i reckon i will be after a remap in the future, but how are these car with a remap, is the standard clutch ok or are they prone to fast clutch fail? the car is a 2005 plate, 66800 miles

Our remaps are designed to give a good usable amount of power, which is nice an progressive, as well as working within the parameters of the original engine parts, so strain on the clutch will be more than before, but these clutches are rated to about 300lb torque and our remaps give just below that figure.

For example my car is an 04 reg and had 88k when i had it mapped. It is the original clutch and its still going 10k later with no noticable differences. If you look after the clutch and turbo by doing things such as warming up, cooling down, not giving it to much power before 2,000 revs then you will get the most out of it.

Cheers, Elliott

Suppose only way to found out if car is tuned is RR or can a diagnostics check do it? I bought a Fabia Vrs and the car seems to have a huge amount of power. It actually seems to be able to get to very high speeds about the same time as my old 306 Rallye, which won an Autocar shoot out March 31, 2010. Surely it must be tuned already - the receipts it came with only show a clutch change but no tuning receipts. Car is four years old with 65k on the clock. Next stop is cam belt and pump change, which has not been done yet. Only got car last week.

Suppose only way to found out if car is tuned is RR or can a diagnostics check do it? I bought a Fabia Vrs and the car seems to have a huge amount of power. It actually seems to be able to get to very high speeds about the same time as my old 306 Rallye, which won an Autocar shoot out March 31, 2010. Surely it must be tuned already - the receipts it came with only show a clutch change but no tuning receipts. Car is four years old with 65k on the clock. Next stop is cam belt and pump change, which has not been done yet. Only got car last week.

Howdy, The car does not have to go on the rolling road to find out if it has been previously remaped. We can tell you this information by reading the map on our software and then comparing this to an original map that would have been on you car as standard.

Hope this helps, Elliott

Edited by E11HES