Fabia 1.2TSi 105bhp Fuel Consumption "Real World"

Hello All

After much debate I have decided to have a break from Diesel and get me a 1.2TSi 105bhp as my next fabia :D

I like to have all information possible, I would appreciate some figure in this respect to fuel ecomomy and type of journeys (Long, around town etc)

You think why you worried about economy, if thats the case get another diesel you moron...... fare point but if the figures I would think the car would hit on a average run are accurate then it is more cost effective to have the petrol unit for me. I would highly appreciate your insights into this, also any comment on performance, drivability etc etc will be appreciated :D

kind regards

Timelord1.9TDi

It's very driveable and has good performance, I'm pleased with it's economy too.

in town you'll be looking at 38 - 42 depending how heavy the traffic is, out on a run high 40's are pretty easy. If you don't do big mileage, it's a great choice IMHO. Definately go try one :thumbup:

Agree with Mike re the fuel figures...I tend to use cruise control like mad lately even at relatively low speeds which seems to improve the all important mpg....However, if you rag the ass off it, which it is more than capable of doing , just ignore the fuel figures :giggle: although you are guaranteed a good burst of excitement and adrenaline in exchange :thumbup: the 105 is an impressive car...

As per my sig - mine is currently at 34mpg since I have brought it (thats over 1400 miles) so its still running in. A long way off Skoda`s figures but it may just well be down to the fact my car spends most of its time on very small runs of 5-8 miles so it may well be down to this.

MPG shoots up on longer runs though. And mine`s a manual so its probably going to be less efficient than a DSG anyway.

According to the trip pc, my wifes fab 105 is doing 37mpg at the moment.

Again, only 1700 miles on it and would like to think it will improve, although she really only does round town driving in it

I actually drove my wifes around for a bit yesterday, did 17 miles, about half through town and half on the M4 around newport (50mph limits all thru newport now....)

Average mpg when i got home..........51.9

Also checked her mpg on number 2 setting, its currently at 43mpg so is improving

Steve

I've done around 2200 miles now. A mix of daily commute and some motorway journeys for work, etc and the trip 2 shows 39.2 mpg.

On most A road trips without too much stop start, 42-45 mpg is fairly easy to achieve. The best I have seen so far is 50 mpg on a trip round the bottom of the M25 with the variable speed limits working - so never really getting above 60 mph and using cruise control as much as possible . My overall consumption is dragged down by my daily commute (3 miles each way) when I normally see around 30 mpg on trip 1.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with these figures - much better than the maximum of 30 mpg I achieved with my previous car......

Not sure if any of that helps.....