Door sill entry protection query

Bassa

Looking through the online Yeti brochure, I noticed that there are no door sill entry protectors for all four doors listed in the dealer fit section.

Is this because the Yeti does not need them since it has the whole sill lengths cladded in plastic with no exposed paintwork ?

There is exposed paintwork on the sill and yes there are sill protectors but last I knew not available in the UK as good old SUK has not imported them :S

Believe some owners have been using the motoring equivalent of sticky back plastic.

4896621755_9054dfa55e_b.jpg

TP

There is exposed paintwork on the sill and yes there are sill protectors but last I knew not available in the UK as good old SUK has not imported them :S

Believe some owners have been using the motoring equivalent of sticky back plastic.

4896621755_9054dfa55e_b.jpg

TP

Thanks for that, all is revealed by your picture. Yeti more SUK nonsense.

The door sills are of course mainly likely to be damaged by boots and shoes, I covered mine with 3M paint protection film when I also made my own rear door edge protectors that covered a slightly larger area than Skoda's own. Enough 3M film, (1200x300 mm) plus chemical to be added to water and applicator cost about £35.00 Premier Paint Guard. You can also buy metal self adhesive sill plates from a number of sources, but not sure if these interfere with door seals.

Edited by jeep

Thanks for that, all is revealed by your picture. Yeti more SUK nonsense.

As to why suk don't allow these to be sold here, god only knows! I've just bought the official yeti ones from a German dealer last week and they are very good quality indeed - not cheap though- but I looked at some aftermarket ones and didn't feel they looked oem enough for my tastes :no:

I'm sure photos were posted of these some time back but I will post some more once fitted (maybe today if I can get the darn bath taps fitted properly)! :S

As to why suk don't allow these to be sold here, god only knows! I've just bought the official yeti ones from a German dealer last week and they are very good quality indeed - not cheap though- but I looked at some aftermarket ones and didn't feel they looked oem enough for my tastes :no:

I'm sure photos were posted of these some time back but I will post some more once fitted (maybe today if I can get the darn bath taps fitted properly)! :S

Bath taps now that's an original idea, Skoda originals I assume.

Here's the official Skoda ones - BUT NOT SKODA UK OF COURSE - utterly ridiculous.

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/af247/bassaj/Yeti%20sill%20entry%20protectors/?action=view&current=Yetidoorsillprotectors.jpg

The Yeti door sill protectors, Skoda part No. KDA630002 are now available in the UK through Allams. They are listed at £74.00 so not cheap but Briskoda members can get a 10% discount using the code briams10.

Allams website can be accessed through this forum on the sponsors sub-forum or http://www.amsparts.co.uk/.

Del

The Yeti door sill protectors, Skoda part No. KDA630002 are now available in the UK through Allams. They are listed at £74.00 so not cheap but Briskoda members can get a 10% discount using the code briams10.

Allams website can be accessed through this forum on the sponsors sub-forum or http://www.amsparts.co.uk/.

Del

Thanks for that info., I see they also list a template kit for them.

http://www.amsparts.co.uk/product/Yeti_Template_For_Door_Sill_Covers_KDA630010

http://www.amsparts....overs_KDA630010

Seek and ye shall find - not as rare as a Yeti itself. Goodness knows why they are not shown in the SUK accessory brochure - very unlike SUK :giggle:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/YETI_09_%3E_Door_Sill_Covers_-_Chrome_KDA630002#

http://www.amsparts.co.uk/product/Yeti_Template_For_Door_Sill_Covers_KDA630010

Having looked at the sills and the parts (and having STILL not finished the bathroom jobs!) I dont think the templates are needed. Probably an unneeded expense tbh if you use common sense but good to know they are available. :)

Offer up without removing self adhesive cover strips, degease area, mark desired position with masking tape, remove backing strips, fit, repeat for other doors :thumbup:

Seek and ye shall find - not as rare as a Yeti itself. Goodness knows why they are not shown in the SUK accessory brochure - very unlike SUK :giggle:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/YETI_09_%3E_Door_Sill_Covers_-_Chrome_KDA630002#

Is this kit for 4 doors or just the fronts? Given the price I'd have thought it was for 4 doors but you never know!

Is this kit for 4 doors or just the fronts? Given the price I'd have thought it was for 4 doors but you never know!

Hmm, at that price hopefully all four but the Fabia I recall were 60 odd quid for the fronts only, rears strangely not available.

Sure someone will confirm ?

Hmm, at that price hopefully all four but the Fabia I recall were 60 odd quid for the fronts only, rears strangely not available.

Sure someone will confirm ?

For four door sills. There is also an all black version available with a slightly different part number btw.

Now I might just be mad or my feet are totally different than all the other people on this thread but I have never but once had a scratch on this particular area of my car's bodywork. My feet never go there as they go from ground to internal rubber mat, they don't touch this part of the sill and it stays clean apart from water and dirt coming from outside as one drives. So for the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to spend £74 to "protect" this area? If you tell me it is pure cosmetics, fine and each to their own. But to protect it? No way! emoticon-0145-shake.gif

Now I might just be mad or my feet are totally different than all the other people on this thread but I have never but once had a scratch on this particular area of my car's bodywork. My feet never go there as they go from ground to internal rubber mat, they don't touch this part of the sill and it stays clean apart from water and dirt coming from outside as one drives. So for the life of me I don't understand why anyone would want to spend £74 to "protect" this area? If you tell me it is pure cosmetics, fine and each to their own. But to protect it? No way! emoticon-0145-shake.gif

You obviously don't have kids getting in and out and using the sill as the step into the cabin each time?

You obviously don't have kids getting in and out and using the sill as the step into the cabin each time?

Ah indeed!!! I don't have kids no! NOW I get it (for the rear doors at least!)

Or none too nimble elderly folk, even technicians with their steel toe capped ballet shoes.

Perhaps that explains why SUK don't list them in the accessory brochure - no bling section. Mind you those hideous decorative ALU bits for the front, rear, door mirrors & side sills should be in a bling section. Still, each to their own.

Typical!

When Yeti was first released the door sill protectors were listed in the catalogue. When I got my Yeti the dealer spent some long time trying to order them without success. Seems the part number was on the system but nothing was listed.

Ended up getting some look alike bits from Germany. If these are not available in UK how come Allams have them? Do they import them themselves?

Chris.

I can see the need for protection, as all the cars I have owned, none new till the Yeti arrives, have had scratches on the door sills for what ever reason. The BMW's didn't as they had sill protection.

Mike

Hi All,

After an exchange of e-mails with Allams today, it sounds like SUK have released door sill protectors into the UK market. I'm not holding my breath until my parts man, Steve has had a look for me.

I'll stay in touch.

Chris.

Edited by chriskelland