Opening the Boot after rain.

3 weeks in and loving the new VRS, but there is one little niggle which is starting to become annoying.

Last few days we have had quite a bit of rain, go to open the boot and quite a bit of water seems to work its way into the passenger compartment, mainly just behind the rear headrests.

I'm assuming this is a known design issue, but has anyone come up with a fix, i can imagine this is going to become more of a issue in the coming months.

3 weeks in and loving the new VRS, but there is one little niggle which is starting to become annoying.

Last few days we have had quite a bit of rain, go to open the boot and quite a bit of water seems to work its way into the passenger compartment, mainly just behind the rear headrests.

I'm assuming this is a known design issue, but has anyone come up with a fix, i can imagine this is going to become more of a issue in the coming months.

Something you have to learn to live with, i've got a Mk1 VRS and it does the same.

I wrote to Skoda in 2002 when I had my MK1 and told them about it. But they didnt listen as the MK2 is just the same. Open it slowly is my only advice. Its worse when you wax the car as the water collects in droplets on the body. Its a small price to pay for what is a fantastic car. Lets hope they sort it out for the MK3.

Before buying the Octavia went to see a used 2007 Passat wagon and the seller just finished washing her and as the boot was opened water poored in.

On my octavia it did also that too, not as much as the Passat, after puting the rear chrome bar on it almost no water drops into the boot.