Steamy Windows!

As title says, I've a real problem with steamy windows. That time of year again I suppose....tried 'Rain X Anti Fog' and in my opinion its rubbish, makes the problem worse.

I find myself sitting for ages waiting for the front window to clear(I'm kinda fussy and hate these 'de-misting pads etc' ). Side window hardly clear at all, back window is usually no probs.

Any ideas?

The anti-fog stuff is usually quite good. Granted it does not 100% prevent fogging, it seems to just sort of reduce the ability of it to form.

Would also say either leaking doors or screen wash into rear footwell. If you see water resting on seal when opening doors after rain then it's leaking.

...and if I were you then I'd get the leaky rear doors fixed asap, if you find them to be the cause. If you don't then you'll be waiting for ice to clear from the inside of your windscreen as it gets colder... as I had to do last winter! Eurgh! Not a good time - had to wait as long as 10 minutes sometimes!

The Fabia seems to be rubbish for foggy windows but if the rear seals are not leaking make sure it's not on recirculate and also put a new pollen filter in (simple cheap job). A clogged filter will not let the car breath properly.

Regards Chris

Leaking rear door seals probably, mines are bad I need to seal them asap

Yip, checked the rear passenger door and there was a little puddle. When you say you need to seal them, is that a matter of a new seal or pushing around the whole thing to make sure it ain't come loose? (excuse my dumbness if that's a silly question lol).

Slight hi-jack. Our fabia 1.2 is the worst i've ever seen a car for misting. The dampness seems to be at the bulkhead, behind the pedals. Any ideas? Where is the drain for the scuttle located? I don't think the matrix has gone as its not using water. I assume as it doesn't have any aircon, it won't have a pollen filter?? I have treat the windows today with anti-mist stuff to try and help it, but it won't stop it forming waterfalls on the inside.

Cheers, sorry for hi-jack

Yip, checked the rear passenger door and there was a little puddle. When you say you need to seal them, is that a matter of a new seal or pushing around the whole thing to make sure it ain't come loose? (excuse my dumbness if that's a silly question lol).

Its not the rubber seal thats the problem, the problem is where the door carrier is attached to the door. You basically remove the door card and then using a sealant you seal where the carrier and door meet. There is a guide somewhere on here, althought I cannot find it at the moment.

I have the same problem on my Octy when it's cold...same cure ? Perversely, it takes longer with the air con on to clear it than with the heater !