vRS start up time

Hi Guys,

I have just got my 2006 vRS diesel and wanted to know how long should I warm it up for in the mornings, now that its getting colder. I used to give 2 - 3 mins for my petrol polo and have never used a diesel before. Does it also require a warm up in the evenings after its been in the car park all day.

Thanks in advance

Edited by tribalboy

Hi,

My last 5 cars have been diesel. I have never warmed any of them up, just start and go...... :thumbup:

P.S just don't be too lead footed on the throttle until the temp guage is in the normal position.

...just don't be too lead footed on the throttle until the temp gauge is in the normal position.

I agree, I always do. If you are not used to Turbocharged cars, then after a 'spirited' drive or a long motorway journey, always let the car idle for 1 minute or so before you switch it off.

Edited by Jim H