Mirrors

I'm sure this has probably been answered somewhere on this forum but I can't find and the manual is less than helpful. How do I set both side mirrors to dip when I reverse and can I set the angle which they dip to? I thought it was just a case of making sure the mirrors were in the R position and when I go into reverse it would do it automatically?

Secondly is there a way to turn off the parking alarms that chime when the car is first started or at least turn them down?!

Thanks in advance

if you were to set the mirror button to the l eft mirror then the left turns down selecting Reverse, if the button is set to the right then the right mirror will turn down, but I dont think you can turn both down at once. This may be a saftey issueas both mirrors would be pointing to the ground and you may not be able to see the rear corners of the car

regards

the rufus

There is only the need (and the ability) to dip the kerb-side mirror (furthest from the driver).

The driver's mirror, being closer, allows the driver to see lower ground in it by simply repositioning their head - which does not apply to the same degree with the kerb-side mirror.

Ray

My left dips then wont go back up? any idea's

The mirror does not go back up again until you reach a set speed in the forward direction, then the mirror will return to the previous position.

I have the dipping mirror disabled because I rarely look over my shoulder when reversing and rely on using the mirrors to see behind, and when the passenger mirror is dipped the visibilty of the passenger side backwards is dramatically reduced. I prefer to manually drop the mirror if I need to park kerbside, then press the memory button on the seat to return the mirror to its previous position.

[....] I rarely look over my shoulder when reversing and rely on using the mirrors to see behind, and when the passenger mirror is dipped the visibilty of the passenger side backwards is dramatically reduced. I prefer to manually drop the mirror if I need to park kerbside, then press the memory button on the seat to return the mirror to its previous position.

I like this idea as I am much the same, I use the wing mirrors much more than the rear-view mirror. It must come from driving lots of vans and trucks in a former life.

Best regards

David

I'm the opposite, rely more on the review and looking over my shoulder, but that probably comes from spending most of my time driving 60's and 70's where wing and door mirrors were never fitted. :D

Will soon see if I need mirrors when I try and park the car down the side of the garage next weekend!

I'm the opposite, rely more on the review and looking over my shoulder, but that probably comes from spending most of my time driving 60's and 70's where wing and door mirrors were never fitted. :D

Will soon see if I need mirrors when I try and park the car down the side of the garage next weekend!

I remember the days when one of the benefits going from the L to the LX model (or something like that) was the addition of an nearside wing mirror. I seem to remember base models didn't even have heated rear-windscreens. Thanks goodness I was only at school. :)

Best regards

David

Edited by cookdn

I remember the days when one of the benefits going from the L to the LX model (or something like that) was the addition of an nearside wing mirror. I seem to remember base models didn't even have heated rear-windscreens. Thanks goodness I was only at school. :)

Best regards

David

My 1973 Ford Capri RS3100 is top of the range, has the heated rear screen but Ford dropped the wing mirrors, rear center armrest, sunroof, map reading lamp and hazard lights as these weren't required to take on the Batmobile BMW CSL of the time in the European Touring Cars. :rofl: