Samsung SGH -G600

steve149

Hi there. I have just taken delivery of a 2010 Superb estate and cannot connect my mobile phone to the Columbus bluetooth unit. My phone is a Samsung SGH-G600 and everything seems to go OK ie the car recognises the phone, the phone accepts the password etc. Then i get the message "insert SIM card in phone" and the display then reads "unable to connect". All the phone setting are as for my last car (Ford Mondeo) and I had no problems connecting. The dealer says the phone is compatable but they were also unable to get it working. Any ideas?? Thanks

Thanks all. The SIM transfer is enabled and all my google searches (and this forum) say it should work. But it dont. My wife has the same phone and it is the same. I have tried my daughters phone (a new Nokia something) and it connects perfectly, so the the Columbus unit works. One point I forgot to put is that if you try to reconnect to the phone after you get the error message, the phone shuts itself down and reboots, but still wont connect. It does sound like a phone setting stopping the connection but I have been through every setting there is. Will have to keep trying. Many Thanks Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. The SIM transfer is enabled and all my google searches (and this forum) say it should work. But it dont. My wife has the same phone and it is the same. I have tried my daughters phone (a new Nokia something) and it connects perfectly, so the the Columbus unit works. One point I forgot to put is that if you try to reconnect to the phone after you get the error message, the phone shuts itself down and reboots, but still wont connect. It does sound like a phone setting stopping the connection but I have been through every setting there is. Will have to keep trying. Many Thanks Steve

I'd also give Samsung an email asking them if they have heard of it. There are loads of hidden menu options on phones that you just don't know are there. I have a Blackberry and last week someone showed me how to get to a completely new set of menus for security settings.

Thanks for the suggestions. No updates are available for the phone and Samsung are not much help.

I have been into nearly every phone shop near me and no one seems to have the answer.

Will keep trawling the internet.

Many thanks, Steve