Who chooses the dealer when you buy used?

Oldnewbie

If I find a used Skoda on the Skoda website at a dealer miles from me is it possible to make the purchase through a dealer closer to me?

I suspect the answer is "no" as both the dealer that has the car and the dealer who I would like to do business with will both want to make a profit.

Anyone done it?

Thanks and regards to all on probably the best car forum on the web.

When i was looking for my Polo GTi a few years ago i found one at a VW dealer in Brighton and my local VW dealer here in Sheffield brought it up here and i bought from them. I would have thought it was a standard VAG group policy so maybe have a word with your local dealer.

Only thing to remember is they are maybe less likely to haggle on price etc.....

Cheers

Dave.

Think it all depends on the dealer,

If they have stock they can trade, also the selling dealer might not want to deal if they think they can sell it without trading.