Rolling Road Day @ AmD - BOOKED & CONFIRMED

xa0sx

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked the vRS into AMD for my coilovers to be fitted and they said we don't have anything prvisionly booked as yet - were you waiting for two more cars before you did it?

Yeah, I said to them it was around then that I would book up and they said it's pretty easy going this time of the year. It would be in my name so want to make sure we have 10 definitives before I give the go ahead but I will phone and book up possibly tomorrow as I'm sure we can hit the figure now. :)

Go on then, add me to the list,

Can't quite remember what the trouble was with Beefy's dsg vrs last time as they couldn't get it to work on the rollers so will see if mine will work.

1. LFC958 - 2010 Octavia vRS CR

2. vRS Turbo - 2005 Fabia vRS

3. Trevorb33 - 2005 Fabia Vrs

4. Gareth_1.8T - 2007 Fabia vRS SE

5. Ross Chapman - 2010 Fabia TSi (and 2009 Skoda Superb TDi 170 if i persuade a mate to come too)

6. dannyboi - octavia 4x4 turbo

7. EssexOcty - 2005 Silver Octy Vrs

8. Johnboyminster - Octy vRS '53

9. mdk1 - Octavia Sport 2.0tdi DSG

Weird - never happened with my DSG Audi when RR'd at Regal.

It does generate a few errors on vagcom, but these are easily cleared.

The trouble with RRing a DSG (without a specific DSG map) is that is is rather tricky to hold at the redline in a specific gear without the gearbox deciding to change up! (even in manual mode)

Edited by Gareth_1.8T

some people recommend a remap as the best bhp/£ mod. i disagree. For just the cost of the rolling road @ AMD, you will get loads of free Hp just for turning up.

These rollers have been giving out huge figures recently, and i mean huge.

Edited by janner_Sy

some people recommend a remap as the best bhp/£ mod. i disagree. For just the cost of the rolling road @ AMD, you will get loads of free Hp just for turning up.

These rollers have been giving out huge figures recently, and i mean huge.

and yet last time we were there there were Octy vRS's struggling to make standard power....

The guys are very helpful, the problem with my car is that the DSG clutch system works through the ABS system as do alot of the systems (TC etc) the gearbox gets confused without the rear wheels turning then as sunroof stated the car went into limp mode. The guys at AMD were very apologetic and gave me a refund, they don't know if there will be difficulties untill they get a car on the rollers.I can't make this one, I might have the V-Storm ready in time for the next trip to AMD. Though I am tempted to bring swmbo's and show the fabia boys a solid standard 200bhp :rofl: :thumbup

i guess i can attend aswell as VRS TURBO will only ask me to if i dont lol

1. LFC958 - 2010 Octavia vRS CR

2. vRS Turbo - 2005 Fabia vRS

3. Trevorb33 - 2005 Fabia Vrs

4. Gareth_1.8T - 2007 Fabia vRS SE

5. Ross Chapman - 2010 Fabia TSi (and 2009 Skoda Superb TDi 170 if i persuade a mate to come too)

6. dannyboi - octavia 4x4 turbo

7. EssexOcty - 2005 Silver Octy Vrs

8. Johnboyminster - Octy vRS '53

9. mdk1 - Octavia Sport 2.0tdi DSG

10. Stigy_vrs_fabia fabia vrs 05 (private plate)

It's all booked and confirmed. We need at least 10 cars, if we get 20 we get a free BBQ but I'd need to know a week in advance and I'd need to leave a deposit. Please only put your name down in you're 100%.

Start spreading the word as it's 25 days away, all the Christmas stuff is over and done with so back to normality!

Edited by vRS Turbo