Johann has a car!

Got him. Drove him. Love him.... But... He is already in the workshop. Grrr. Had to bring him back since I could not open the fuel flap. I knew how after reading the manual a million times but it would not budge. So read manual again. I was doing the right thing. Brought him back and they just told me the central locking motor for the flap is not working. Oh dear.

Oh well. Sitting in the showroom between lots of other Skodas drinking free coffee.

Some thoughs: engine was a bit noisy! But it is only 3,5 degrees out there. The leather does not smell of leather at all! Awh... I just smell plastic. The B-pillar is a HUGE blindspot when you look over your shoulder too...

Will upload photos later.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got him. Drove him. Love him.... But... He is already in the workshop. Grrr. Had to bring him back since I could not open the fuel flap. I knew how after reading the manual a million times but it would not budge. So read manual again. I was doing the right thing. Brought him back and they just told me the central locking motor for the flap is not working. Oh dear.

Oh well. Sitting in the showroom between lots of other Skodas drinking free coffee.

Some thoughs: engine was a bit noisy! But it is only 3,5 degrees out there. The leather does not smell of leather at all! Awh... I just smell plastic. The B-pillar is a HUGE blindspot when you look over your shoulder too...

Congrats! Hopefully you'll be on the road soon enjoying the new car fully. Yes the B pillar does impeed on visibility a little and I dont think the leather is actually leather so thats maybe why the smell is missing... ;)

ENJOY. :thumbup:

Thanks.

All the bits you ait on are leather. But all te sides are not. When you click on Onyx in the configurator it says "Leather and artificial leather" under the picture.

Thanks.

All the bits you ait on are leather. But all te sides are not. When you click on Onyx in the configurator it says "Leather and artificial leather" under the picture.

When you do your photos can you include the sound system/under seat unit & graphic equaliser on the Head unit. Would like to see what it is like. Sad I know. :-P

Thanks.

Yes, thats correct so the majority isnt leather (inc seat backings etc) - I always think the full proper leather ones smell hits you more as the door opens and also the better the quality the stronger the smell from experience. :yes:

Well I'm still waiting - car is in pieces apparently! So had the time to upload the first pic (and billun's car parked next to mine!)

155385_456014041323_671901323_5935289_665745_n.jpg

So finally after seven months on here you can all see why my profile name is 900000!! A little numerical robot I'm not!!!

Edit: fatfinger on an iPhone!

Edited by 900000

When you do your photos can you include the sound system/under seat unit & graphic equaliser on the Head unit. Would like to see what it is like. Sad I know. :-P

I sure will coopers. As soon as I get the time!

Glad to hear you got your hands on the Monster, shame about the U-turn back to the dealers you must have been running on fumes.

Now fellow A2 owner (former) ...... Surely the engine isn't as noisey as the A2 and you have to admit the 'B' pillar is no where near as bad as the 'A' pillar on the A2.

This is a different and new little friend ..... take the time and enjoy getting to know him.

Hope you are getting good service there the guy I dealt with, and I won't mention names, would probably have said something along the lines ....... "You've got it at the Internet price what do you expect?"

Hope your day improves, keep us all updated and welcome to the 'Owners Circle'.

Well I'm still waiting - car is in pieces apparently! So had the time to upload the first pic (and billun's car parked next to mine!)

So finally after seven months on here you can all see why my profile name is 900000!! A little numerical robot I'm not!!!

Johann - its a beaut. Nearly as nice as mine. In fact identical except my seats smell leathery. So mine clearly wins. Have they thrown in any little extras - rubber matt for the boot or wax etc? Think you should blag something for having to bring the bugger back on its first day! Unlucky but sun is shining and I'm sure you'll be on the road soon. Where are you collecting it from?

PS Love the reg plate!

Edited by fenboy

Thanks guys.

Just saw the car. They broke the flap to get it open. They will replace for when I come to pick the winter wheels up - they have four tyres but only three rims!!! Right rear light is off, all back seats out, all trim in boot floor removed, bare metal and naked.... NOT how you'd want to see a brand new car with 9 miles on the clock. Will post the pictures later. The hole through which they need to fix it all is the size of a matchbox. Great design have to say.

They've been very friendly have to say.

Fenboy: it's from Marlborough Skoda in west London.

Onesque: oh it is nowhere as noisy as a cold A2 engine. And the Yeti B pillar is nothing next the A2's A-pillar that is for sure.

Thanks guys.

Just saw the car. They broke the flap to get it open. They will replace for when I come to pick the winter wheels up - they have four tyres but only three rims!!! Right rear light is off, all back seats out, all trim in boot floor removed, bare metal and naked.... NOT how you'd want to see a brand new car with 9 miles on the clock. Will post the pictures later. The hole through which they need to fix it all is the size of a matchbox. Great design have to say.

They've been very friendly have to say.

Fenboy: it's from Marlborough Skoda in west London.

Onesque: oh it is nowhere as noisy as a cold A2 engine. And the Yeti B pillar is nothing next the A2's A-pillar that is for sure.

Actually Johann, just noticed yours has a sunroof. You win! Very jealous - think they look like a great addition. Hope you get it fixed soon. Out of interest, are you swapping the 'summer' tires for winter ones or keeping them and swapping back when it warms up again? I'm thinking about the winter tyre option as will need to get my pregnant girlfriend to hosptial in Jan and if its anything like last year... From other threads, the process seemed quite complicated. Be good to know your thoughts.

Since Marlborough makes no money on any Drivethedeal cars they don't give you anything for free or want to spend any time faffing with an order. So I had my mudflaps in the boot to fit myself. Not anymore! Just asked them politely to fit them since I'm being inconvenienced here. And yihay, they are being fitted as we speak.

Fenboy: I will change to the winters pretty soon after I get them - it is a whole extra set of rims and tyres. I will do it myself as I have friends with a huge driveway and all the equipment like a proper jack. He works for a classic car magazine and has five cars that regularly need TLC.

[As to sunroof: aye, and sorry but yes I guess that means I "win"! That roof is also the reason I waited seven months for my car!]

Edited by 900000

Try your radio, AM as well as MW. The connector was not pushed in on mine so the AM did not work. Also check your boot light, feeble though it is, as that was also not working on mine. These were little things that I missed through the excitement of the car arriving but they meant an annoying return to the garage.

Don't be harsh on the engine, just remember it is brand new and you are subjecting it to 3C temperatures. It is having to work a bit harder than it would like.

Enjoy your car, you have picked up just in time for the snow, ideal.

Harvey's alive!........(must remember to check the fuel filler cap before we leave for home tomorrow) :D

Harvey's alive!........(must remember to check the fuel filler cap before we leave for home tomorrow) :D

Yikes just noticed my filler flap is a different colour. It is dark blue!!! Drat. Must have taken Harvey's off then!!! Hehehe. Just kidding.

But wow. Everything so easy. The phone synced no problem, address book imported no problem, the SD card played straight away as did the Bluetooth audio from my iPhone.

Had to cut my plans short due to all the time spent at dealer. So no real nice pics in the sun. Grrr. Have to get to Council to get parking disc for tommorow.

Edited by 900000