Trouble with the driver-door

pettern

Hi guys! I've been experiencing some trouble with my drivers door on my superb 03 the past few months..

Since I live in Europe the steering-wheel is on the left side.

The first thing i felt was that the door wouldn't unlock or lock by the central-locking-system, so I unlocked it manually with the key and have been doing that for the past months..

Just after I couldn't open my door automatically I also saw that I couldn't regulate the left mirror, fold it in or put heat on it.. The entrance-light works fine, and if I choose the left mirror, it also regulates the right mirror like it should do(different than in britain of course:P)

My local workshop has been looking at the problem several times, contacted their main office, heard with other workshops(one of the mechanics has been working for the dealer prior) etc.

They have tried changing the door-locking-unit, the door-steering-unit, and apparentally checked all cables, both the cables in the door and in the floor.

Since I've had the car in for the same problem 5 or 6 times now, and they dont seem to find out what is wrong, I thought I could try to help them by asking you guys..

Is there anyone here that have experienced the same kind of problem, or could give me a clue or two of what to check?

Thanks in advance ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Noone with a reasonable answer for me ? :'(

Just a guess but I have seen VW passats give similar problems and it traced back to a break in the wiring between the door and where it enters the door post the wires nip in this area causing some weird results indeed I have seen the core broken without any damage being caused to the covering By the way is the electric window working?

Just to build on what dohertjy said, I had a similair issue with one of myh rear doors. Under neath the rubber hose protecting the wiring is 2 eletrical plugs, one of these had simply disconnected itself. Plugged it back in and everything started working again.

Noone with a reasonable answer for me ? :'(

Hi there,

I'm going through a similar problem with me 07 2.0Tdi Eleghance. It is the rear passenger side (UK car) they have diagnosed. Took hours. The ancillary ECU was burnt out and was blowing fuses. I thought it would be the water ingress but bone dry. Apparently the voltage to the rear passenger side varys differently from the other three so they have ordered a door locking mechanism and window control unit before they replace the ECU.

Hopefully will fix it. Not sure if this helps you but might do.

• 1 month later...

After a visit at my local dealer they finally found the problem. After looking for three hours they found a cable with its voltage missing. Turned out it was the main voltage for the door-steering unit.

They put up a new cable, so the problem is now solved. The other workshop I went to the first time really disappointed me. The first and the last time I'm visiting them:P

sounds like black box on window mechanism inside the door big connecter and loads of wires water gets in and rusts the pins in the connecter and causes mirrors and locking and red light not to work good luck with it i had trouble on my rs mk1 all sorted now

sounds like black box on window mechanism inside the door big connecter and loads of wires water gets in and rusts the pins in the connecter and causes mirrors and locking and red light not to work good luck with it i had trouble on my rs mk1 all sorted now

Yes thats common on Octavia 1, VAG put the module in the door of Octavias so that it would get wet and put it in the floor of Superbs so that, you guessed it, it would get wet.