Anyone got yellow tinted fog lights?

Funky Fab

Easier just to fit Yellow H3 bulbs isn't it?

Sorry - I thought the fog lights were H3 type but the manual states "HB4" - and a quick Goggle search hasn't thrown up any yellow versions...

Edited by DRJ

Realistically, no as you have to take the bumper off to replace the foglamp bulbs on the vRS (unless you're E.T.)

Well having just checked the handbook (nothing in there) and looked at the light itself (not really sure) I'm inclined to agree with you - but others think differently

Yellow light is better for cutting through fog and mist. White tends to bounce back more. :thumbup:

Sure Jim H'll be along soon with his link as to why.

And taste too I guess - afterall, why add a Cupra spliter for example, doesn't add anything except weight, just one guys perference.

Edited by TriggerFish

oh ok i never knew that i'd be interested to see the guide

you could say that about a lot of mods that it just adds weight but people mod cars to either make it look better or go better.

i'm not sure if i will like the look of the yellow fog lights but i'll see when pics have been posted, just another thought if yellow light is better for fog light why aren't all fog lights yellow?

Try this analysis of the situation

Yep, if I'd seen this thread earlier that's what I would have posted. :thumbup: Some of his other articles about bulbs and lamps on that site are very good as well.

If it's yellow bulbs you want, Osram do H3 All-season bulbs which look yellow. Powerbulbs - H3

I'm gonna do this little mod on looks only when fogs are off. I just fancy trying something different on the looks of the front of the car!!! Thanks for the pics!! Any one got a pick of them on a red car?

I have the lamin-x film on mine - I think they look awesome against the SE's race blue.

You can easily fit them without taking the bumper off. Just pull the fog surrounds off, turn the lights on (to heat them up), and place the film over.

Just make sure you don't trim the film too neatly. I tried to cut the film to just cover the lens and it lifted to let dirt in behind after a few months.

The second time I did it, I only trimmed roughly, used a hairdryer to make sure the film carried all the way round the side of the lamp housing (with the lamp on, you can still seal the film against the glass all the way to the edge). Then I just pushed the surrounds back over the roughly trimmed edges and it looks perfect from the outside.

Edited by dxg