Driver lumbar adjustment broken?

Lou_O

My lumbar support wheel doesn't seem to do anything.

Sure, it turns round and round and, eventually, stops turning but I don't notice any difference in the lower back area. Passenger seat is different, there's a noticeable firming of the lower part of the seat.

So, it seems broken to me, anyone else have a similar thing or had it fixed?

If I take it in as a warranty job am I likely to be told 'They all do that, sir'?

• 2 weeks later...

Had my front seat lumbar supports checked about 6 weeks ago. Dealer said they both needed new mechanisms. Parts already on back order.

Took car in today to have lumbar supports repaired. Technician and service manager decided they were ok and did not need replacing.

Tried a couple of cars in the showroom and they were not noticeably different from mine.

Wonder what the trades description act would think of Skoda's lumbar support?

Decent lumbar support would make the car almost perfect. Still I got it washed and vacced for free. Looking best its been for about two months

Had my front seat lumbar supports checked about 6 weeks ago. Dealer said they both needed new mechanisms. Parts already on back order.

Took car in today to have lumbar supports repaired. Technician and service manager decided they were ok and did not need replacing.

Tried a couple of cars in the showroom and they were not noticeably different from mine.

Wonder what the trades description act would think of Skoda's lumbar support?

Decent lumbar support would make the car almost perfect. Still I got it washed and vacced for free. Looking best its been for about two months

Thanks, mine is booked in for next week, I expect it'll take at least a couple of weeks, if not longer to get the parts in and rebook the car to fit 'em, that's if they decide it's allowed!

Yeah, I need to get mine done at some point under warranty, in my case I felt and heard it go when I was actually driving the car. I did notice when I had a Superb as a courtesy car for the last service that it uses a lever rather than a wheel for adjustment - much quicker/simpler, and I'm guessing what the Octy will end up with at some point given how many of these wheel designs seem to break (and I suspect most don't get fixed because in some cases people don't notice)...

mine was diagnosed as brokedn at the first service and then replaced. Ive noticed no difference though! The revised part is different as the dealer showed me but when in situ, it dosent make it work any better!

Have posted this link before - does not fix the seat but gives much better lumbar support, I use just the back rest which can be bought separately if you contact them. Mine just rest on the seat squab and enables me to drive pain free.

http://www.medesign.co.uk/shop/backfriend.php?gclid=CMuLp7KL56UCFUYifAod7m6E0Q

My lumbar support wheel doesn't seem to do anything.

Sure, it turns round and round and, eventually, stops turning but I don't notice any difference in the lower back area. Passenger seat is different, there's a noticeable firming of the lower part of the seat.

So, it seems broken to me, anyone else have a similar thing or had it fixed?

If I take it in as a warranty job am I likely to be told 'They all do that, sir'?

Ahhhh I thought i was imagining it! Mines the same! Phone call to dealer later this week then!